RASS and RASCC

I just have a question. I have an almost full cab of RASS that I really enjoy. I was thinking about getting a box of RASCC. Are they going to taste similiar to my RASS. Enough so that I should maybe pick up a different box? Or, are they a different taste experience. I have read Rob's reviews of the RASCC and I know he loves them, which for me is reason enough to buy them.

I plan on picking up a box of Bolivar Gold Medals and something else.

Thank you

I like em both. Seems the RASCC are bit spicier to me. Terrific when you want a quick spicy smoke! Almost green pepperish. Had one last night from Feb 07 but all my boxes have been consistently good with typical RA flavor profile.

» I just have a question. I have an almost full cab of RASS that I really

» enjoy. I was thinking about getting a box of RASCC. Are they going to

» taste similiar to my RASS. Enough so that I should maybe pick up a

» different box? Or, are they a different taste experience. I have read

» Rob's reviews of the RASCC and I know he loves them, which for me is

» reason enough to buy them.

»

» I plan on picking up a box of Bolivar Gold Medals and something else.

»

» Thank you

Go with the RASCC. They are totally different than RASS. While you can tell the RASCC is definitely from the Ramon Allones family, it exhibits deep raspberry/blackberry and a full body. I love the damn things.

I am going through my second box of RA. First was RASS (finished) second is the RASCC. Both are very good smokes IMO.

The RASCC is like a turbo smoke to me although you can stretch them out if you want. I find the flavours slightly more intense than the RASS.

Think I prefer the RASS ring guage though, as being heavier it does not heat up so quickly and punish you for smoking too fast. Thick cool smoke is what I like :)

» I just have a question. I have an almost full cab of RASS that I really

» enjoy. I was thinking about getting a box of RASCC. Are they going to

» taste similiar to my RASS. Enough so that I should maybe pick up a

» different box? Or, are they a different taste experience. I have read

» Rob's reviews of the RASCC and I know he loves them, which for me is

» reason enough to buy them.

»

» I plan on picking up a box of Bolivar Gold Medals and something else.

»

» Thank you

My experience has been similar to CIGARhead's here. While you will get some of the same core flavors in the RASS and RASCC the subtle flavors are different. You may need to wait for this to pay off though. I was smoking from a box that was spectacular right off the truck but then went bland for a whole year.

If you are looking for a smaller cigar that smokes good right away the Trini Reyes and Monte 5's have treated me well. Hard to keep around because both are sooo good with that morning cup of joe.

Ramon Allones has been enjoying a great run in '06 and '07. Both the RASS and RASCC are at the top of their game. Yes, the RASCC is a bit stronger and spicier, but that is true for many of the smaller formats, i.e. the Petit Punch is stronger than the RS#11; the Trini Reyes is stronger than the Robusto Extra, etc. If you like the RA profile, you'll like the RASCC. Early '07 boxes are tops.

RAMON%20ALLONES%20Small%20Club%20Coronas.JPG

I'm a fan of the Small Club Coronas as well. I've been slowly smoking from a May '07 box, and while

they are OK now, they certainly need time (they were acquired as a smaller winter smoke)

Sticking with minutos, I've found the San Cristobal Principe to be more approachable now - another

winter cigar for me - March '07. They will get better with time as well, but in my opinion are

showing better than the RASCC at the moment.

Another minuto to consider would be the Bolivar Coronas Junior, but perhaps now I'm just gumming up the works :-)

To my taste, RASS need a lot of time to show their full complexity. RASCC are better fresh. Agree, early 07 RASCC are great & thanks to a certain sale, I have 3 boxes waiting while I finish a box of 06.