Young smokes

i agree with the psp2.....i like the monte d el fresh, but long term it is going to be a fantastic smoke....i smoke 1 cigar fresh and try to age the rest. most times i fail....

I really don't try and smoke young cigars. I've had some good P2's and D4's, but for the most part young cigars are too hit-or-miss for me. My stock level is increasing so I can grab cigars with at least 1 year on them....2-3 is ideal and in a year or so 3-5 won't be too far off.

Call me the odd duck but my P2 have gone sick. The first one or two I smoked were good but went down the hill after that. I have heard mixed feeling about the RASS but I have had some god ones. I have had good luck with young Sig VI and Boli PC and CE. You better like strong stuff to enjoy the two latter. The SC La Punta are doing pretty good. The Part. SD4 Reserva are not completely young but they are ready to please,if you can swallow the price.

PSP2 - Wonderful, full flavored

'04 PLPC - I just love these. Havent tried the older ones before production ceased, but these are just about my favorite.

'04 Choix Supreme - I find these to have a beautifully different taste profile than any. Smoke is very aromatic. Love these fresh as well.

Cohiba Siglo I, Cuaba Traditionales (VERY strong little buggers), VR Famosos, SCDH La Punta and El Principe all have rocked right off the truck.

The Mag 50 and RyJ Petite Piramide are IMHO amazing fresh, but many will say it's a waste to smoke them now.

YMMV!

» Which cigars do you all find are good young? I love the PSD4, but don't

» like the long sick period. Any other cigars out there that are great

» young, but perhaps with no or shorter sick periods? So far PSP2 has been

» great.

Young is relative to the person that you are asking. Some folks consider less that 5 years young, 8 years young and so on!

I am going to call the current vintage anything from say ’03 to ’05. And as of yet I am smoking very few ‘05’s just because I have the luxury of the availability of a number of cigars with over 5 years of age.

Objectively I really think that the years ’01 to ’04 have fathered some really wonderful cigars that are ready to smoke right off the truck. I am sure many will take exception to my statements but with the mix of cigars that I currently own, 80% of which have at least 5 years of age, I commonly choose a cigar from ’01 to ’04. Now that makes a statement about today’s young cigars. They are really good now!

Just go for what you like to smoke. I’ll bet you will be happy regardless. -Piggy

» As much as I love the Partigas profile, I can't smoke it young. My

» favorites young are ERdM CS, Boli PC, and the Siglo II. For the most part

» though I don't smoke too many sticks with less than 3-5 years on them.

»

» Mike

I'm with Mike on the Boli PC...actually any Boli IMO is very nice young!!!

Ironman

» Call me the odd duck but my P2 have gone sick.

Say it ain't so.....

What date do you have? The last one I smoked was 3 weeks ago (ABR 05) and it was still superb...:ok: Hopefully their sickness is only a slight headcold and will go away quickly....:-P

» i really enjoy a young rass - the best young cigar i have tried, imo. i

» also like young robainas, for some reason.

The reason you like young robainas is because the quality of the tobacco and blend make the cigars complex and accessible ROTT. Recent Famosos rock!

I've always been a fan of the VR lines, but I've always had them either young or aged, never ones between 6-18 months old. Anyone know if they ever experience any sickness. Also, is sickness something that happens to most cigars or just more prevalent in the PSD4?

» »

» Say it ain't so.....

» What date do you have? The last one I smoked was 3 weeks ago (ABR 05) and

» it was still superb...:ok: Hopefully their sickness is only a slight

» headcold and will go away quickly....:-P

Let me check the boxes over the weekend and get back to you on that.

» I've always been a fan of the VR lines, but I've always had them either

» young or aged, never ones between 6-18 months old. Anyone know if they

» ever experience any sickness. Also, is sickness something that happens to

» most cigars or just more prevalent in the PSD4?

Hey there Stray,

I had some Don Alajandro that took a flat spell. Not so with the Unicos or Familiares.

I love young Boli pc's, party shorts and psd4's. The kick and spice these cigars pack when young is freaking great. They turn into a completely different stogie with age, but I prefer these young and kickin'. It also helps to take the pressure off the aging stock.