Sit Down with Professor Twain and Shrink

This was a night to be long remembered--Shrink and I are both psychologists, and we were able to sit down last week at a conference in San Francisco. We joined up at the Occidental Cigar Club, and smoked three cigars each. Shrink was just as funny and engaging in person as he is on the Board--and neither of us turned on our X Ray Psychologist eyes, we just had a good time visiting and talking cigars.

Shrink gave me an outstanding aged Cohiba Corona Especiale. I haven't smoked many of these and this one was perfect, really getting me tempted to look for some. He also sent a nice PSD4 my way.

It was fun seeing Shrink's eyes light up as he talked about 2006 cigars. Man, that guy has a passion for 2006. It was also fun hearing him tell about his cigar storage system. He has something very unusual. I hope he will contribute a photo essay at some point.

OK, here we are in action. I am the young looking guy with the dark hair (or that is, with any hair):

ShrinkTwain2.jpg

ShrinkTwain1.jpg

If you ever get the chance to sit down with Shrink, don't pass it up. I look forward to meeting up with him again.

Bill, thanks for posting this...

Bill and I met at the Occidental Cigar Bar, on Pine Street in downtown San Francisco. This is a great place to meet friends, have a drink and enjoy some cigars. They have NC's for sale on site, but most people seem to bring their own. The environment is appropriately smokey! If you go alone, you will have no problem striking up conversations with other aficionados, who love to discuss cigars, politics and philosophy.

The Professor turned me on to a couple of fine stogies, including a 'Hot off the presses' Cohiba Secretos, and an '01 Upmann No. 2. Although the Cohiba was nice, with a medium-bodied toasty core, and some sweet cocoa and coffee flavors, the big Upmann Piramide really stole the show. One of the best H.U. #2's I've ever had. Not a complex cigar, but loaded with nutty flavors, and that classic Upmann 'musty' aged tobacco taste.

Thanks again, Bill for this treat. But most of all, thanks for the chance to burn the leaf, and shoot the **** with a fine BOTL!

:lol: Some of my finest work has been done on that couch.

I'll bet... that is a fine piece of furniture that befits a man in your, ahem... positions.

BTW, what kinda trick you want dis weekend? French, Greek, Turkish, Straight, Half & Half?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...