Back From Cabo

Pictures to follow but I made it down to J & J's and paid top dollar for and smoked 3 sticks that I am considering purchasing boxes of.

-RyJ Churchill

-LGC Tainos

-CoRo

($84 USD for all 3)

All were great but my favorite was the Tainos.

I also was able to purchase 6 bottles of Havana Club Rum from the Duty Free Shop. I have seen you guys discuss this rum and I saw it and thought why not pick some up.

Overall great times with some great pics coming this evening.

-Patrick

Patrick,

Great job on snagging the rum! Havana Club is probably the best rum in the world. The 7 anos is wonderful on the rocks. But I kind of like the Anejo Reserva even better. The Anejo Reserva is a really complex rum with lots of floral, toffee, carmel, vanilla flavors. Enjoy your loot!

» The wife and I will be down there in October.

»

» Can't wait to check out JJ's. Did they have any aged cigars or unusual

» El's available? Never been to Cabo but it looks like paradise, except for

» the prices.

They had some Cohiba Sublimes, Partagas Aniverserio, Cohiba Maduro 5, and some more but to be honest, I had the taxi outside waiting for me to take me and the wife back to the hotel so I couldn't spend as much time there as I would have liked. The limitidas and other sticks like those are probably $50-$75/stick. Crazy prices but you know you are getting legit goods as like anywhere else you never know. You see "Habanos-Authentic Cuban Cigar Dealer" every where you look.

p.s. The temp in the humidor was 68 deg and the rH was 72.

You didn't buy any Te Amos?!?!? :-P Looks like a nice trip.

Despite my snide lil jest above, I do owe Mexican cigars a debt of gratitude.

It was a Mexican puro, smoked on the Zocalo in Oaxaca ten or so years ago, that got me started on the road to smoking cigars again after dabbling with Macanudos and the like in my younger years.

It wasn't particularly good, but it's made for a fond memory.

What a great time. I love walking into a humidor filled with Cuban cigars. :-) I'm like a kid in a candy store. Thanks so much for the great pics. I have not been to Mexico, but I know where I'm going now.

• 1 year later...

Outside of J&J's Cigars

image3629.jpg

The humidor at J&J's. They had Bolivar, Cohiba, RyJ, Guantanamera, Partagas, LGC, Ramon Allones, San Cristobal, and Montecristo to name a few.

image3631.jpg

Eenjoying the RyJ Churchill the first night at the cigar bar which over looked the entire hotel

image3634.jpg

Smoking the LGC Tainos on my balcony over looking the stars and the ocean

image3635.jpg

Smoking the CoRo on the beach the last night

image3636.jpg

6 bottles of Havana Club Rum, 2 being aged 7 years which the lady told me was excellent on the rocks

image3637.jpg

Overall, a great time. My favorite cigar of the 3 was the Tainos and I will report back on the rum later. Hope everyone enjoys!!

-Patrick