Industry News

Personally, I think that Habanos is making a very misquided error by considering "Re-Releasing" ANY of the Edicion Limitadas. The WHOLE concept was that the cigars were to be LIMITED.

By doing a re-release, of some of the ELs, that will cause the price of the older batch to GO DOWN. The VALUE of them is no longer there, simply because they are NO LONGER Limited.

Concentration should be on the quality of the REGULAR production. Expand marcas that are under utilized such as Ramon Allones, SCDH, VR, etc.

What would some of you say if Habanos brought out 3 new Ramon Allones in these sizes?

Delicados

Parejos

Carlotas

Personally, I think they would ROCK the world and set the distributors on fire because the retailers could not keep them in stock! I know that I would need 3 boxes of each size just to start, and would love smoking and aging them for many years!

It is TIME to place the efforts, and materials toward regular production. The Fad's are wearing thin on the cigar smoking market, and it is time for Habanos to recognise that NOT everyone wants Bigger Ring Habanos, Time for seriously re-evaluate the product assortment and know that TASTE and FLAVOR are the most important of having customers come back to buy more cigars. The ELs are for those that want to make "the quick buck", they are not that good in the first place to warrant the price, and NOW the want to re-release them, and the Value continues to decline.

Some Marketing people need to pull their head out of their rear end............