Great Driving Cigars

» Thanks for the story, but, dude, that EL must have been fugging strong -

» doing a hundred on the wrong side of the road!?

What can I say work at Czars makes you do stupid things!

Ahhhhh Smithy. Enjoying your humidor loot....the Jack Sparrow of the cigar world.

Still listening to "The Best of Boys to Men" ?

I have some Driving favourites:

Juan Lopez Seleccion No 2

Bolivar Belicoso Fino

Need a good gauge to maintain a strong ash that you can count on when flicking out the window ;-)

Don't smoke while driving, but if I did, it would have to be something that i could hold in my mouth easily (~38) because I would probably crush anything I was holding while changing gears.

the amount you mention *** associated things Rob, thanks smithy, I smoked a Monte A driving 800 kms in a new Ferrari 599 GTB, it has an air purification system :S it's not min though so I can't brag, but I like your reviews, Im going to try some on my next journey from Paris to Moscow!

Cam -

one of the highlights of the year is when leaving fraser island after the annual fishing trip, a mate and i share the drive (well, he drives). it is normally around dawn or just after and it is a good hour and a half along a magnificent beach with the pacific on one side and cliffs of coloured sands on the other. just a few fishermen along the beach. sometimes even get to see the humpbacks leaping out of the sea. spectacular.

we always light up for the trip - he drives so i provide the cigars. usually SLR DC's but sometimes an old Lusi or a RAG. a wonderfuil experience, though i was on my own last year as my mate had enjoyed the last night drinks a smidge much and had not been well pre trip. one puff and he went decidely green and had to hold off.

» » I smoked a Monte A driving 800 kms in a new Ferrari 599 GTB»

»

»

» Being a Kiwi.....I assume you stole it ;-)

thats right off an aussie, who else would leave it running and open..

» That is the end of my little journey, but I am interested to know what are

» other people’s favourite driving cigars?

Lots of open road in Texas...

For short trips (<1 hr) - aged ERDM Demi-tasse are my current favs (watch the draft from the AC vents, though!)

For longer trips - a good lonsdale (SLR) or a churchill (Punch) does it for me...

» Smithy the greater question is what kind of car are you driving that has a

» speedometer that goes up to 220? Buisness must be BOOMING in Australia.

Sure the car can go to 220 but the speed limit is only 110 which sucks

• 1 year later...

It took me two solid days of driving but I finally made it up to North Queensland. In preparation for the journey I packed my Ute up with all the general requirements. While everything went in the back the front seat was saved for my humidor, (priorities)!

On leaving Brissy I asked Rob his recommendation for a good driving cigar, he said Monte A. Rob was until recently a Land Rover driver, he regularly spent a large part of the day broken down on the side of the road waiting for a tow, hence the need to carry a pile of Monte As.

So here are the following reviews of the cigars that were consumed along the way North.

First morning a Por Larranaga Panatella, great morning cigar, spice and coffee all rolled into one. Followed by a Punch Churchill, I must have stolen this one from Rob because I can't remember buying this. A great lunch time smoke that had a little trouble staying alight with notes of raisins and creaminess. Finally for the first day was the Trinidad Robusto Extra, the second place getter on the drive coffee beginning before finishing with sweet cedar.

Next Day started with Partagas SD3 LE 2001. I was surprised to find this in my humidor, I do however recall buying this one years ago after Rob's recommendation. Smooth spices with a biscuit sweetness all rolled into one. The Champion of the drive and a great way to start the second day.

image3027.jpg

Finally I finished with an R&J Belicosos, heaps of dried fruits and spice not a bad way to finish the journey. All up five great driving cigars and a car that now can never be traded in due to the smell.

That is the end of my little journey, but I am interested to know what are other people’s favourite driving cigars?