Hello from Lexington KY!

Ethernut

Hello folks, I've been lurking for a while but finally decided to take the plunge. As my subject suggests, I'm looking for some suggestions. ;-) I've been a cigar smoker for about a year am looking forward to trying some fine Cuban Cigars.

I must admit, I've never had a Cuban cigar so I really don't know where to start, but I know what I like. I generally gravitate toward the milder - medium cigars that finish in a creamy/coffee style. I haven't developed a a taste for the spicier blends yet, but would be willing to purchase some to keep in the Humi till I'm ready.

At this point I do know that I want to purchase some Monte #2 and Bolivar Royal Coronas based on what I've read.

If a man were to spend 200 bucks for mix and match singles to get his feet wet, what would you suggest.

Thanks folks!

The Ether..

Ahh...one of my most favorite places on earth...horses, bluegrass, and bourban, can't get much better than that...on cigars, i'd say try as much as you possible can, but HDM Epi 2's and Juan Lopez Sel.2's would be a good start...

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions, I'll be picking a couple of those up.

Kentucky? Yeah, it's one of my favorite too! :-D

Thanks a Bunch..

The Ether

» If a man were to spend 200 bucks for mix and match singles to get his feet

» wet, what would you suggest.

»

My suggestion would be to contact the Empress about putting together a sampler

based on your tastes, combined with what she feels is of quality.

If she's not available, ask for Simon.

Welcome to the forum.

I shot her an email yesterday but have not heard back. I'll be patient for another day... I'm wanting to get the order in though.. :-)

Just a heads up regarding email...make sure you're spam filter is down. I put in order in last week, and "didn't" hear back...turns out it got caught in the SPAM filter.

As far as suggestions, I really enjoyed the following when I first got hooked (aside from the obligatory Monte 2):

Bolivar Belicoso Fino

Ramon Allones Specially Selected

Monte 4

and of course, the Cohiba Sig. VI is a great cigar.

I appreciate the responses, at this point, the following cigars are in my shopping cart:

HOYO DE MONTERREY EPICURE NO.2

JUAN LOPEZ SELECCION NO.2

BOLIVAR BELICOSOS FINOS

RAMON ALLONES SPECIALLY SELECTED

MONTECRISTO NO.2

MONTECRISTO NO.4

COHIBA SIGLO VI

Partagas Serie De Connoisseur No 3

Any other Suggestions? :-D

I've added a few to the list and am ready to pull the trigger but I still have not heard back from anyone. I sent an email yesterday and sent an email today via the live chat interface. Does it normally take a day or two to get a return response? IIf so, I'll just be patient, but it's hard... ;-)

» I sent an email yesterday and sent an email today via the live chat interface. Does it normally take a day or two to get a return response? IIf so, I'll just be patient, but it's hard... ;-)

Today's ANZAC day... a sacred Australian public "Holy"day... thus, the no reply. You'll get yar reply 'morrow... I'm certain... cheers ya'll

Thank you all for the kind responses.

Just out of curiosity, I usually like a long cigar like a double corona. What would be your choices for a short smoke? There are many times when I want to enjoy a good smoke but don't have the hour or so to do it in.

...and I must confess, I've blown my budget already :-D But that's okay, I'm curious about what the queen has to say.

Welcome from a neighboring state...

When I have under an hour, I usually reach for:

Cohiba Siglo I

Por Larranaga Petit Coronas

Partagas Shorts

Diplomaticos #4

I've also heard raves about the Trinidad Reyes, but havent had a chance to try one yet...

» What would be your choices for a short smoke?

There are a number of great small cigars. My choice in a perla would be the

ubiquitous Montecristo No.5 - especially for the creamy coffee profile.

In the slightly larger minuto, the Bolivar Coronas Junior.

Well, just to finish off the thread nice, I thought I'd post what I decided on (I bought 2 of each). Thank you all for your abundant help! Lisa agreed that this selection was a nice one as well. I couldn't take all of the suggestions (but I wanted to). I'll go through these and have a much better idea of which direction to go.

HOYO DE MONTERREY EPICURE NO.2

JUAN LOPEZ SELECCION NO.2

BOLIVAR BELICOSOS FINOS

RAMON ALLONES SPECIALLY SELECTED

MONTECRISTO NO.2

MONTECRISTO NO.4

COHIBA SIGLO VI

Partagas Serie De Connoisseur No 3

PARTAGAS SERIE D NO.4

ROMEO Y JULIETA PETIT JULIETAS

PUNCH PUNCH

BOLIVAR CORONAS JUNIOR