Fresh Cigars that are enjoyed with little age....

Guest cohiba

Guest cohiba

All this talk about aging sticks has me pondering a big question. What sticks are good straight off the table? I love the siglo 6, and P2 !!! However i just purchased a box of cohiba robustos that definatley need some time. This sucks !!!! I want to have my cake and eat it too!! Dont mind a lesson in patience either. I am assuming most that is available now will be late 04 - 05 stock. Can everyone here offer me some advise on what to go for and what to PLAN on aging? Thanks in advance

Cohiba, I think this topic was brought up a few posts ago but a recent box of RASS is smokin' damn nice. I was also pondering this question recently but came up with another alternative to putting the good stuff aside.....you might bloody well die before you get to smoke em so don't be afraid to light up!!! if you don't carck it well you've smoked some freshies but atleast you know if they were good or bad!

the list is really endless.....

first off if you can afford to buy a couple boxes a month or more then you smoke then aging isnt a problem...not always the case though i do realize.

so personally ..cohiba siglo 1 and especials i find to be great right off the truck...and also age very well, IF they last that long...

also psd4 another favorite of mine fresh...then age well although do have a tremendously nasty sick period...which i dont see with cohibas.

then theres erdm choix supreme,

mag 46.

sancho panza belis.

edmundos have been smoking nicely.and have potential.

trini reyes.

too many too name..

the best trick of the trade so too speak is to buy them aged in the first place...many boxes with 7 or so yr.s of age can be found...however you never know the conditions they were kept in unless you age them yourself.

As a general rule for boxes which are great in their first 6 months:

Ramon Allones Specially Selected

Ramon Allones Gigantes

Montecristo No 2

Montecristo No 4

Partagas P2

Cohiba Corona Especiales

HDM Le Hoyo Du Maire

Bolivar Petit Corona

Por Larranaga Petit Corona

Vegas Robaina Familiares

» As a general rule for boxes which are great in their first 6 months:

»

» Ramon Allones Specially Selected

» Ramon Allones Gigantes

» Montecristo No 2

» Montecristo No 4

» Partagas P2

» Cohiba Corona Especiales

» HDM Le Hoyo Du Maire

» Bolivar Petit Corona

» Por Larranaga Petit Corona

» Vegas Robaina Familiares

I'd add (for recent issues)

Partagas SD4

Partagas Shorts

HDM Epi. No. 1

Upmann Magnum 46

Vegas Robaina Famosos

Bolivar Belicosos Finos

I told Rob once that patience is for oak trees, I hate to wait years for anything. I spent years in the educational system and then more years to develope a proffesional practice. I have had enough waiting. Cook the damn cigars if it works. I imagine those with old sticks that have waited years for might feel cheated if young cigars could compete. I mean wouldn't that be a rip if I had to wait and others didn't. That would not be fair.:crying:

Sig VI are always great.

I have young RASS that are better that some older ones

Boli CE and PC from recent cabs

mel, not that i want to ever be seen as putting money in rob's pocket - enough of my own has gone there - but isn't the answer the same as for building a wine cellar. just make sure you buy too much to smoke/drink at the moment so some is put aside by necessity. keep repeating that (even for those for whom it hurts a bit in the early days) and next thing you know, you have some cigars that have been hanging around for three or four years and more on the way. then buying habits revert to just what you need and you'll always have some old ones on hand, or young ones if you prefer.