Now this is a specialty area.

I want some input as to the type of Guayabera to produce under FOH.

I want a sylish, modern Guayabera.

Any ideas, pics, must haves, colours, essentials?

Give me the Guayabera lowdown on what makes a great Guayabera :cool:

Prez,

Guaybera should be styled so you look like a dictator from a small African country:-D

Think colour should complement FOH cap, & logo should be on top left pocket.

Most important, the 4 pockets need to be functional & look cool with a cigar & accoutrements in it.

I saw some guys in Barbados wearing pink ones & they looked very styley, but then as Bajans made most things look cool not sure if that would work.

Tops idea though, look forward to seeing Ken modelling prototypes

I believe that the colors should be soft colors, which means that they would go well with dark or light slacks or shorts (not Briefs that Ken is searching for ;-) ). Either made of silk or linen, NOT Polyester! They need as mentioned 4 functional pockets. I would prefer them to be silk, as that fabrick is very comfortable. I would not go with any brown colors, as that really does not match up with much.

I picked one up in Cuba but have only worn it once... to a cuban themed party. Yes they do look like a doctors overcoat if worn with the wrong pants etc. A white or light colour would do the trick and I think long sleeve looks better than short sleeve. If it's hot then roll the sleeves up! And yes made out of a ntural fibre ie cotton. Mine is a $10 job from havana and I'm not wearing it in summer as i'd be dripping with sweat!

I like 'em. I dont have any, but from the pics Ive seen they look nice and even useful...Left chest pocket for cigars, right chest and both bottom pockets a beer in each of the bastards. Walking bar.

Rob - I think the FOH logo would look slick kind of big and on the back of the shirt..you know - loud, boisterous and a big F.U. to everyone behind ya.

1. None will be Pink

2. two initial colours...a black and a white/offwhite.

3. Longsleeve versions will have two sleeve holes to incorporate cufflinks.

4. The shirts will have a simple pattern running through the fabric.

5. 4 functional pockets.

6. Material will be light but strong. I like pockets to have structure and be able to hold 2-3 cigars without falling open.

7. No FOH Logo on pocket. Just the Sir Winston discretely placed in raised thread (uncoloured) behind the colar or under the sleeve.

Who makes the best Guayaberas?

I would like to see the left top pocket stitched into sections that are 52 ring guage wide so you could walk around with 3 or 4 pyramids or cannonazos. The right top pocket could have 40 ring guage sections for half coronas, the bottom right pocket could have 50 ring guage sections for snug robustos or Double Coronas and the bottom left pocket could have 42 ring guage sections for coronas and petit coronas. The bottom left pocket should also have a second pocket to hold a lighter and cutter. All in buff white silk. Fully loaded and ready for battle! :-D

»

» Who makes the best Guayaberas?

Prez,

I asked & the Bajans told me they make 'em best, but all the Cubans told me their mum made the best, handmade, top quality (& would you like some cigars with that too??!!;-) )

The one I brought back from Havana was nice but fabric is not as good as you'd want, gets bloody hot in summer.

Should be very interesting to see what this comes out like.