Ramon Allones Small Club Corona POS SEP 06

I would be intersted to hear of any members who have tried a 6+ year old RASCC and how they believe the cigar develops over time?

Bawahahahahahahaha

Right, if you find any with 6 years of age on them, send me a couple!

I do so love this cigar, almost better than the Partagas Short, and in some ways even better!

The best I can do is 2 years age, but those are down for a few more years to smaple with some age.

» Is there a better half corona?

» So why are they produced in such small numbers when in comparison to its

» main competitors? I have no real idea but I do know that if they ever

» truly discontinue this cigar I will be on the first plane to Havana to

» protest.

»

» The Ramon Allones Small Club Corona performed just the way I had expected

» it to. It has always been the case. Low production has its

» rewards...consistency of blend and normally consistency of construction.

» I would be intersted to hear of any members who have tried a 6+ year old

» RASCC and how they believe the cigar develops over time?

»

» 90/100 5/6 Smoke rings

Now you let the cat out of the bag!;-)

• 1 year later...

Is there a better half corona? Sure...the Cohiba Siglo 1 and the Trinidad Reyes are a class above the rest of the field followed by the San Cristobal Principe....but the the Small Club Corona pound for pound the stand out winner when you take into account price point. I mean, hear we have a cigar with the fullness of body to rival the Cohiba Siglo 1, the flavour complexity to outshine all but the most exemplary examples of the siglo 1 and Reyes....the sweet spice to throw in the face of the Principe.....whose coffee sweetness is legendary.

So why are they produced in such small numbers when in comparison to its main competitors? I have no real idea but I do know that if they ever truly discontinue this cigar I will be on the first plane to Havana to protest.

Ramon Allones Small Club Corona POS SEP 06

image1920.jpg

Box to box......perfect construction. Barnyard smell mixed with sweet spices at cold. Gorgeous.

image1921.jpg

image1922.jpg

image1923.jpg

What I love about this cigar is that it is a 30 minute trip to paradise. You may wonder...Hey Rob? You haven't even reviewed this thing yet! I know.....however...the construction, the horse rolled in honey aroma, the sensual tactile response to a slight squeeze along the cigar, the perfect wrapper.....Gentlemen....YOU JUST KNOW :-P

Cuban clipped the end and took a long draw. Just right. Just the correct amount of resistance. Toasted tobacco on the buds, sweet spice on the lips.

Upon lighting there was a cavalcade of blue smoke, dark roasted fresh espresso, sweet paprika and cinnamon stick reminiscent of the great Arroz con Leche (rice pudding) that my mum use to make.

I love this cigar. I wanted to recant to it how much I loved it...how many great times I had shared with it...how I never wanted it to go away :lookaround:

image1924.jpg

image1925.jpg

The cigar went from medium full in body to full by the half way mark. The only negative I could find was the crooked burn but at 4 months of age this was a stellar performance and the burn to me countsfor squat with anything under 2 years.

Flavourwise...the cinnamon had gone and left behind was the deepest flavour of espresso coffee and sweet paprika I had experienced in a while. These flavours stayed until the end. There was never any bitterness.

The Ramon Allones Small Club Corona performed just the way I had expected it to. It has always been the case. Low production has its rewards...consistency of blend and normally consistency of construction. I would be intersted to hear of any members who have tried a 6+ year old RASCC and how they believe the cigar develops over time?

90/100 5/6 Smoke rings

image1926.jpg