Fav Drink with your Fav Smoke

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I'll have one of those thanks or all the above:lol3:

How about Iced Water, Strong Black expresso in a small cup poured with love from a bodum, and a fine glass of Muscat.....Really guys do yourselves a favour and rush out and buy a bottle of Muscat it compliments any cigar perfectly.

a really good VP is hard to beat but possibly an aged rutherglen muscat will do that.

spirits - definitely rum though occasionally a good bourbon - favourite is the woodford reserve.

i once spent a few hours with richard geoffroy, who makes dom perignon and is hugely into food/champagne matches. he has moved into cigar/champers matches but didn't know that. he had brought out a brilliant dom 1964 and while guzzling this, i asked what his research suggested would work best with it (thinking possibly caviar or fresh oysters or something along those lines). his answer floored me - a partagas D4. not sure i'd smoke one if i ever get my hands on another bottle of the 64.

all that said, a good rum on ice. for a lighter style, really like the appleton special and the caney oro ligero (at about $7 in cuba, has to be one of the great bargains). bacardi 8 is pretty good. last weekend, as the glorious lions flogged the hapless bombers, and i smoked a really good aged partagas lusi, i thought i'd go up market. i brought back a bottle of the extremely exy (about $90 from memory but i really wanted to try it) santiago de cuba extra anejo (aged for about 20 years or more) from the last trip to cuba so opened it. take me know, lord! this was alcoholic cream. exquisite. certainly the best rum i've tried. it might be horribly expensive but it is worth it.

» OK, what do you prefer to drink whilst enoying a smoke?

In the a.m. its a big cup of dark roasted coffee. Mid-afternoon a Guiness. Evening it's JW Blue or a nice Pinot Noir or Shiraz.

Never had a Mojito while smoking a cigar, but from all the talk about 'em it will be my next drink to accompany my smoke.:ok:

• 2 months later...

Most single malt whisky and a coffee on the side. Both flavours go excellent with a cigar. The oiliness of a whisky followed by the darkness of the coffee.

I usually like a Glen Grant 10 year old. Laphroaig 10 year old or cask strength for stronger smokes and Ben Nevis 10 year old when I want a bit of sweetness to liven up a weak cigar.

I like to smoke cigars with variety depending on the time of day. I like expresso, Dos XX lager beer from Mexico, Cazadores Tequila, Cognac, and Rum.

I enjoy a good scotch with my cigars. I do enjoy a Tequila but havent coupled that with cigars yet, gives me motivation to try it though.

Ross...

»

» me...usually a scotch on a chilly evening or a gin and tonic if it's warm.

» Mojitos and sometimes sipping on aged Tequila accompany a cigar well.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I gotta agree with jjwright on this one. Used to be a single malt scotch guy until I stumbled across a good small batch bourbon and I have never looked back. Lately I have been trying different anejo rums and I am really enjoying how they compliment certain cigars, especially Habanos.

Im going to sound like a wussy girl.. But i enjoy a martini.. call me old fashion.LOL!!

But when I am smoking a fuller bodied cigar. Nothing compliments my cigar more that a nice sungle malt scotch.

Oh and I also enjoy Ron Zacapa 23 anos.. Yummy..