Partagas Serie D No. 4

shrink

Hot damn! Just broke into an '06 box of D4's this weekend, and Holy Jesus are they ever strong. I've never smoked a stronger D4, young or aged. Took me a tall glass of iced tea just to get through the last one.

They open with a blast of pepper, followed by the characteristic Partagas wood, leather and spice. Not at all harsh or bitter, just out-and-out strong. Strong in body, depth, flavor and spice. Draw and burn are just perfect, not underfilled at all. Only hints of sweetness, these babies are gloves-off, in-your-face, no-holds-barred, full-bodied, concealed-carry WEAPONS!

I've still got plenty of '04s in stock, so these will lay down for a while. I'm actually hoping that they mellow out some. I'm such a wuss. :-P

» To date, the PSD4 gets my vote for the emperor's new clothes award. I've

» yet to

» try one that was anything more than air through a cardboard straw.

» I still have hope.......

Wow, I haven't smoked that many, but I can't remember a bad one.

» Hot damn! Just broke into an '06 box of D4's this weekend, and Holy Jesus

» are they ever strong. I've never smoked a stronger D4, young or aged. Took

» me a tall glass of iced tea just to get through the last one.

»

» They open with a blast of pepper, followed by the characteristic Partagas

» wood, leather and spice. Not at all harsh or bitter, just out-and-out

» strong. Strong in body, depth, flavor and spice. Draw and burn are just

» perfect, not underfilled at all. Only hints of sweetness, these babies are

» gloves-off, in-your-face, no-holds-barred, full-bodied, concealed-carry

» WEAPONS!

»

» I've still got plenty of '04s in stock, so these will lay down for a

» while. I'm actually hoping that they mellow out some. I'm such a wuss. :-P

Based on your review, Tampa will just love these. Especially the power!

Did a review a few months back..."I'll give you credit for smoking a PSD4 with the sniffles. Did it cure your cold? At least you got your sinuses cleared out! LOL!

These are one of the great robustos, and one of the best Partagas has to offer. Haven't smoked anything younger than early '05, and these weren't as spicy as earlier issues. With habanos using aged tobacco, I am interested in how these smoke now. They used to be famous as one of the best young smokes ROTT. Still?"

So i guess you tried and liked it? lol happy smoking. Mine are feb and not going to touch one till then

:crying:

chef

I have some July'05's that are pretty tame. Actually they are very disappointing. I am hoping age will make them better, but I am not holding my breath. Glad to hear the '06's are packing punch again, I may get some more of these....

» Strong? Yes, they're probably too strong for you, so I'll take 'em!

» LOL

»

»

» Probably my favorite cigar. These are great! Congrats! ;-)

This is becoming one of my favorites. I have an 01 box I got from the vintage selection here and another 2 boxes of 04 that are almost done. These are beauties.:-D

» Welcome back D4.

»

» How long has it been since there has been "oomph"/power in the D4? There

» certainly have been some lean times.

I think it was Altadis that wanted the belend of PSD4 to be tweaked so it must have been prior to Altadis and IIRC they took control 1/1 2000 so it was back in 99...

Shrink... I tried one straight out of the box on receipt from the long flight and found it a bit sick. I know I broke one of El P’s cardinal rules, but I couldn’t wait. I’ll have to revisit soon.

As for the wuss part… maybe you need to see a good therapist to help you cope. :-D

These are one of my favorites and the box of Jun 05 I have was smoking great up until the last one I had a couple weeks ago where it just seemed to lack that punch the first few had, don't know if that is the ageing setting in a a muted, sick period. Anyways the sound of the fresh 06's with their spicy, peppery power really makes me want to grab atleast a handfull to try out. These finally sound like the real deal, the PSD4's I've been hearing about all along.