Post a review of this weekends favourite cigar.

I received a shipment of Partagas Serie de Connoisseur No 3 which I will gorge on in and around the house over the weekend and post a review Sunday. I adore this cigar.

Post a review of your best weekend cigar experience Sunday/Monday.

I love the weekend!!!!!!!!:-D

Jeez prez, was challenging myself to have a smoke free weekend however reading this has tempted me beyond all control....and the fact that wifey is at a conference, sun is shining and new deck needs to be used (too glorious a day to sit inside the Casa Del Fumar) SAM

» Jeez prez, was challenging myself to have a smoke free weekend however

» reading this has tempted me beyond all control....and the fact that wifey

» is at a conference, sun is shining and new deck needs to be used (too

» glorious a day to sit inside the Casa Del Fumar) SAM

A smoke free weekend?????

I couldnt imagine a smoke free 4 hours. LOL

» Jeez prez, was challenging myself to have a smoke free weekend however

» reading this has tempted me beyond all control....and the fact that wifey

» is at a conference, sun is shining and new deck needs to be used (too

» glorious a day to sit inside the Casa Del Fumar) SAM

Too true Bro, that RASS we had the other weekend is still fresh in the memory, & after a busy week, was nice on Friday night to chill out on my girlfriends' balcony with a nice Monte. Edmundo & a 42 below vodka on the rocks with a twist of lime.

Damn I love the weekend!!

Enjoyed a Monte 2 on Saturday night which I've had in the humidor for a couple of years. You just can't go wrong with the Monte 2. Magnificent! Then on Sunday, got together with a bunch of mates at the local football for what is affectionately known as 'Gentlemen's Day'. Beautiful sunny day standing on beer can hill, yelling abuse with a Upmann Sir Winston, cheering the mighty Sandringham Zebras home to a fast finishing 2 point win.

Hiked up into the mountains today, and took a Hoyo Pyramid LE with me. Sat me down next to a lake, with flowers blooming all around, and sparked it up. What a joy! Rich, sweet flavors of fruit and spice, medium bodied but had a strong peppery finish. A nubber. The best HdM ever, IMO. My box DEC 03 sure seems ripe now, but I am reluctant to smoke 'em up too soon out of curiosity about how they'll be with another year or two. And yet, some think that it's peaking now, and might actually become muted. I'll keep at 'em, and if they turn, then it'll be "Sleep, sleep my pretties".

Sunday lunchtime and cooking the BBQ.

What a ritual. Cointreau and ice, Montecristo Especial No 1 and this week Asian Marinated Chicken (ginger, chilli, lemongrass, olive oil) on the BBQ.

It takes me the best part of 30 minutes and 2 Cointreau's to prepare the BBQ and two more Cointreau's to cook it.

The Especial No 1 was from 01 and this vitola is identical to the Lacero. Just holding one makes me feel smarter......don't know why, so tactile.

Cuban cut and too the mouth to check the draw. Good...slight pull required which is perfect. Milk chocolate colour, neutral smell at cold.

Upon lighting it did not take long to be indulged by Macchiatto espresso coffee and a hint of bitter Belgain cooking chocolate (maybe enhanced by the sweetness of Cointreau). Gorgeous cigar which went quickly from Medium body to full (surprising). I was thoroughly enjoying the tail end when it slipped out of my mouth and onto the BBQ. No one around so popped it back in my mouth....and yes there it was....meatstock!. Yes I now know what Ken mean't in one of his most recent ramblings shamelessly passed off as a review :-D

I LOVE SUNDAYS!!!!

Plenty of outdoor activities this weekend including BBQ at the pool and planting food plots for deer hunting. It is hard to pick the best of the weekend cause I ain't got no bad cigars. The two Boli CE were excellent as was the Dip #2.

As you know, I had planned to pop an Edmundo this weekend but it all fell apart. Tell God your plans and all that.

The Pope decided late on Friday that we'd take his boat out so we all embarked (not too easy in the Cardinals get-up) on his new 80 metre Feedship & proceeded to get wrecked.

The crew slipped the boat & we set off into the Adriatic whilst Carlo the barman passed around the daquiris. With dinner we had a few bottles of red from the Pope's private stock & things just got worse. The last thing I remember is a food fight starting up after dinner. When I came around yesterday evening the place looked like a bomb had hit it.

I had to get some fresh air so went out on deck & noticed the Pope's helicopter had disappeared. Grabbing a passing crewman I learnt that the Pope had fallen down, busted his hip & had to be flown to hospital.

Great! Life will be tough for the next few months!

So, please accept my apologies.

I now need to go & lay down as I have a bastard of a hangover.

This weekend I had an SD4, a BBF, and a Punch DC......all very good but no meatstock, chickenstock, porkstock, or other exotic flavors.

Very classy move dropping your cigar in the BBQ el prez, perhaps you should try drinking Virgin Marys' for awhile and slowly work your way up to the hard stuff like Cointreau :lol2:

Just had a MAR 05 Partagas Serie P No.2 on Friday night

This is the 2nd one I've had from the same box.

This smoke is so full, so intense, and so tasty I could do two back-to-back if not for the fact that it gets pretty strong towards the end.

You could slip an "Edicion Limitada" band on this cigar and I wouldn't suspect a thing, that's how great it is.

Now I'm worried that it's only the initial production that is of such high quality, and I think I'm gonna buy as many of these early production as possible.

Well did end up enjoying the sun out on the deck on Saturday however the partagas Lusi I lit up didn't fulfill all expectations. A tough draw to begin with that eventually opened up nicely in the second half. A few cups of Lavazza coffee later and I was enjoying my saturday arvo!!

Cartman,

Disturbingly we have seen some very poor Serie P No 2 of late.

One in three of the 25s has been poor. Overall the first shipment of 10's were far superior.

Not sure If the variation will continue.

»» Now I'm worried that it's only the initial production that is of such high

» quality, and I think I'm gonna buy as many of these early production as

» possible.

Fearing the same thing about the new PS2 and getting worried about when the 25ct boxes would arrive, I got four of the ten packs. One of them already gone.;-)

• 3 years later...