Tiny Tim\'s trip to the Cancun LCDH

On our recent trip to Cancun, Mexico we visited the LCDH. As a matter of fact, we arrived at the Moon Palace around noon and by 2pm we were in the LCDH! David, the owner, made us feel very comfortable. His new (brand new) store was very beautiful. Here's a pic of us and the host:

LCDH7group-x.jpg

The "boss" relaxing with a fine Habano:

LCDH3Connie-x.jpg

Entrance to the humidor inside the establishment:

LCDH1-x.jpg

Part of the selection on hand:

LCDH2-x.jpg

The brand new LCDH is located right on the water. Here's a pic of the pool below the outside deck:

LCDH4pool-x.jpg

The bay in the distance:

LCDH6view-x.jpg

David, owner of the Cancun and Tiajuana LCDH's:

LCDH9David-x.jpg

If you're in Cancun I strongly suggest you visit David and his shop. He has a full bar and lots of leather chairs to lounge in. The humidor was well stocked, as you can tell from the pic. He is a first class host. He even insisted that HE take us back to the Moon Palace when we were ready to leave; and he did! Great guy! :-)

» I'm going to Cancun in a few month's. Where exactly is this place. When I

» was there last year I couldn't find it. Is it new? Also, how are the

» prices? I'm debating wether I should bring my own or just buy whem I'm

» down there.

The location is 12.7 km on Kukulkan Blvd., which is in the Hotel Zone. The landmark you'll look for is the Police Station. The LCDH is directly across the street from it.

Prices? Quite a bit higher than what you'll pay here. Everything is in peso's so you'll have to divide by 10.8 (or whatever it is at the time) to get into US dollars.

Average cost of a Monte 2 is around $15+/- per stick. Still, you should drop by and purchase a few sticks, and hang out in his nice shop! ;-)

Any time you have an opportunity to visit an LCDH, it is an opportunity not to miss. While the prices may be quite a bit higher than what you may find here, buying a few cigars to enjoy while you are there supports the existence of the LCDH and also makes for memory's. Besides, after finishing a great cigar, think about making a Cannon Ball jump into the pool down below!

»

» Part of the selection on hand:

» LCDH2-x.jpg

»

What a temptation, an actual shop humidor filled with cuban cigars, rather than the 95% dogrockets here in the states. The one thing I miss about getting smokes over the internet is the visit to the local tobacconist's walk in humidor. A small price to pay for Fidel's finest:-)

Thanks for the post, especially the pictures!

I know David from when I was living in San Diego. I used to hit up the TJ LCDH every week. As for the new shop in Cancun, I was there last month. It is a nice place with a great view of the water. I chatted with David, smoked some cigars, and had a drink. Nice selection and a big difference in size compared to the TJ shop.

• 1 year later...

Great looking store. Thanks for the photos. No question this is a place that must be visited while in Cancun.

Next winter I plan on visiting the LCDH in St. Maarten. Has anyone been? How does it compare to the others?

• 2 months later...

» Wow, nice place, perfect location, nice furniture (couch looks very cool).

»

» I'll have to remember to bring David a nice shirt if I ever make it over

» there... :lol:

I disagree with you guys, the place looks great, Edited this is not the place to discredit a business owner, your experience may have not been to your liking, but here at FOH, we will not premit such accusations without proof, and then maybe not then, depending upon El Prez's decision I arrived to LCDH ready to buy an havano but I didn´t had enough money, so I tried to buy a cheaper one and enjoy it there, but David's face was not the best, finally I finished to smoke it and david didnt say a word while I was there, then I leave with a bad impression.