Cigar Hunting in Miami with Carlos

Guest itcfernandez

» Carlos' presentation of himself bothered me before he started this thread.

» He seemed to fancy himself somewhat of a known personality. Mentioning

» his radio show in Andy's intro thread struck me that way and the fact that

» he referred to himself in the third person when writing the captions for

» his posted photos. So and so from Oliveros (left) Carlos from Miami

» (Right), as if the post was an excerpt from some notible publication.

I had the exact same feeling...

What about those pictures of him "partying in Miami" with his friends? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but those people looked like a bunch of drunken college students...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

» Carlos' presentation of himself bothered me before he started this thread.

» He seemed to fancy himself somewhat of a known personality.

I thought he was pretty much acting like it was his own personal blog. I think he figured he would have his own area with a weekly feature. Then I looked up at the top of my screen thinking maybe he had changed it to "Friends of Carlos". :rotfl: :rotfl: :sleeping:

I have been in communciation with Carlos offline. He

» understands where he went wrong and is genuinely remorseful.

»

» I explained some very simple facts about this board; how respect is

» garnered and the NO TOSSER, NO WANKER rule.

»

» He will get another chance next week to re-join the forum. He understands

To err is human, to forgive divine. Good for you, Rob.

I hope that he will learn from this and will come back strong and submit some serious cigar reviews.

• 2 years later...
Guest itcfernandez

image1373.jpg

Hi Everyone

Welcome to Hunting for Cigars with Carlos from Miami. My goal is to expose some of the great Cigar heroes, companies based here in Miami. Also some of the greatest Cigar masters that were exiled from Cuba live here among us in Miami and add to our local color. Also I love to post up photos from Miami. Check out my other Photos.

image1375.jpg

image1374.jpg

My day started out with the sounds of Cuban coffee being made in a local Cuban Cafeteria. The smell of strong rich coffee and warm milk reaches my table….and the day begins.

image1376.jpg

My first stop was the Habana Cuba Cigar Shop, home of Oliveros Cigars. Sometimes on a lucky day you can find Rafael Nodal Alina the owner of Oliveros in the store talking to visitors and taking part in some of the great events that happen in the shop. The company holds a long history of creating great Cigars and doing things the right way.

Inside of the shop:

On this day I was lucky, Rafael was in the shop and we talked about all the great Cigars available from Oliveros.

image1377.jpg

Rafael Nodal Alina (Left) Carlos From Miami (Right)

image1378.jpg

Carlos From Miami (Right) Rafael Nodal Alina (Left)

More photos from the shop:

image1379.jpg

image1382.jpg

My picks:

I picked up a few Cigars, but I was happy to find the Oliveros LTD.

On Saturday I had a few glasses of Blue Label and smoked this baby!

Here is my 1st review:

Oliveros LTD

Oliveros Web Site:

http://oliveroscigars.com

This dark black wrapper provided a very strong complex deep full bodied smoke. This nice Robusto was very impressive and perhaps would be a good after dinner cigar. I'm looking forward to a 2nd round to really get a feel for the Cigar. I have a second review of each Oliveros coming soon. The Oliveros Cigars are great, and they are also priced right.

2nd part same day: 8 St Miami AKA Little Havana

After the Oliveros shop I headed over to 8 Street also known as Little Havana, or Calle Ocho.

Calle Ocho, or Little Havana is where I go to kind of feel like I’m back home in Cuba. There is more of a mix of Latin Cultures, but this part of Miami retains that 1950’s Cuban magic we have all come to love. Little Havana houses a vibrant Cuban, and Hispanic culture. Also some of Miami's oldest Exiles can be found here. Most of them are elderly men playing dominoes, and perhaps talking about present day politics, and old Cuban history. As you walk the streets of Little Havana the smell of fresh Cuban coffee, pastries, and the Cigar factories are in the air. The sound of Latin music, markets, galleries, and people are carried in the air. Some of the greatest Cuban restaurants can be found here. I would visit these places during the day, not at night. Recommended foods Ropa Vieja (Shredded beef), Bistec Empanizado (Breaded steak), Lechon (Roast Pork), Black beans, Rice, and Maduros (plantains).

My 1st stop was La Gloria Cubana

Shop photo:

image1396.jpg

image1398.jpg

image1399.jpg

image1400.jpg

image1401.jpg

Rolling Factory:

The Smell was out of this world.

image1403.jpg

image1404.jpg

image1405.jpg

image1406.jpg

Here is my review if you did not see it in my last posting.

The Cigar in the photo is a Series R from Miami La Gloria Cubana

Carlos Miami Review:

La Gloria Cubana is a medium bodied to almost full bodied cigar. It is very well-made by old Cuban Cigar makers on 8 St. It has an earthy character with core of sweet herbal flavors topped with a hint of pepper made in classic Cuban style. This full-bodied cigar was introduced in the following sizes: Nos. 4, 5,6 and 7 Serie R cigars.

It has the Carlos from Miami approval, and the price is on the money.

Note look for my posting coming soon on Miami Carlos take you Cigars Hunting.

Magazine Rating:

La Gloria Cubana Cigars has scored as high as 91 in Cigar Aficionado blind taste tests. In 1999,

Carlos From Miami Rating:

78 to 81: Note I rate very hard.