Ramon Allones Specially Selected \'06

A lovely cigar. Firm and well made, but a bit on the young side. I haven’t smoked many Cuban’s, and the RASS is only from the second box I purchased a month or two back.

The cigar burned beautifully and drew very well with loads of smoke. The taste was remarkably complex. It started very slowly with a strong sense of hickory and light coca flavors. The finish was initially very light and unlike a full bodied smoke. This only lasted during the initial stage of the cigar and after the first inch, the finish was much richer and full of chocolate notes.

It’ll be hard for me to not smoke the whole box, but I want to see what a year or two of age adds to these babies.

:ok:

While the last very good RASS I smoked was a 2001, I have been hoarding my box and letting them continue to age and get better, I understand that since the blend change around the first of this year when Habanos started using the 3 year old Ligero, 2 year old Seco and 1 year old Volado, that many of the cigars that over the past few years that have needed several years to "Ripen" or in other words to mature, that the 2006 codes are smoking excellent. I have yet to smoke a single cigar that was rolled in 2006, maybe I need to try a few. I love the fruity, citrus flavors found in Ramón Allones.

I have yet to smoke a single cigar that was rolled in 2006, maybe I need to try a few.

Ya think...? 2006 RASS are showing great depth, strength and impressive complexity. Far, far from bland. With a few years, these will be truly awesome. Some will enjoy smoking 'em now.

Chuck, I'm trying every '06 I can get my mitts on. Some, like the Monte 2 and Cazadores, are mind-blowing. Many others, like the Boli RC's are simply great. Some, like the Upmanns and PSD4's are OK. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Thanks for the review but good luck saving these suckers, I have a box from POS MAR06 and they are so good I have no problem smoking them all so if you can I would suggest smoking some now and buying another box to age while you smoke up all of the 06's

» I have yet to smoke a single cigar that was rolled in 2006, maybe I need

» to try a few.

»

» Ya think...? 2006 RASS are showing great depth, strength and impressive

» complexity. Far, far from bland. With a few years, these will be truly

» awesome. Some will enjoy smoking 'em now.

»

The six MAR06 I have tried from 2 different boxes are one dimensional. They have been in the humi for about 5 weeks. I agree that they are strong but Im not getting several flavors mostly just a nutty flavor (almost like raw peanuts). Tight draw but they do burn well without touch ups.

» Smoke them up or let them sit for a good three years. RASS goes through a

» particularly long bland period. Patience...

I'm having one from 9/03 right now and it is GREAT! I haven't had any of the '06 RAs myself, but since others are saying how good they are I may have to pick some up. I think if anything is good fresh is will be amazing with some time on it. I'm not willing to put away something bad in the hopes that it gets better. Not enough cabinet space...

• 2 weeks later...

»

»

» I'm having one from 9/03 right now and it is GREAT! I haven't had any of

» the '06 RAs myself, but since others are saying how good they are I may

» have to pick some up. I think if anything is good fresh is will be amazing

I decided to smoke another one tonight. Again this early 06 was one dimensional. But I must admit, this is one strong cigar. The burn was excellent and the draw was good. These 06 RASS make my lips and gums tingle. The last third really delivers the punch and you can taste the ligero on your lips. The RASS might even be stronger then some of the non-cuban triple ligeros on the market (Mumbacho, Lempira, La Flor) especially when you consider the size. This is a must buy for full strength cigar smokers that like a short smoke.;-)

»

» I decided to smoke another one tonight. Again this early 06 was one

» dimensional. But I must admit, this is one strong cigar. The burn was

» excellent and the draw was good. These 06 RASS make my lips and gums

» tingle. The last third really delivers the punch and you can taste the

» ligero on your lips. The RASS might even be stronger then some of the

» non-cuban triple ligeros on the market (Mumbacho, Lempira, La Flor)

» especially when you consider the size. This is a must buy for full

» strength cigar smokers that like a short smoke.;-)

I don't think the RASS can compare strength wise to an LFD. The lancero and Chisel are very powerful IMO. I wasn't aware that LFD put out a triple ligero cigar. In terms of taste, the RASS is a bit more complex than the LFD Chisel, but the LFD Lancero is a far different story, one of the best NC cigars I've ever tasted.