04\' JL#2\'s anyone have any input on these?

Well, it's been a while since I smoked any '04s (a year?), but I recall them being pretty good. Rich and spicy. Certainly good enough to get a box of early '05s, which I am smoking now. I have found the early '05s to be even better tha the '04s: more flavorful, with more spice and tang. This is a great cigar, better than the CoRo's to my taste. Haven't tried any '06s yet.

» Any input on these would be great either 25ct or the cab 50 version. How

» are they compared to 05 & even 06's.

In my opinion....in general... the 05's have been superior to the 04's in both flavour and construction. Some of the wrappers used have been sensational.

» Any input on these would be great either 25ct or the cab 50 version. How

» are they compared to 05 & even 06's.

Just finishing a cab of 04's. Have a box from 05 with one missing. I liked the aged 04's better when I compared it to the 05. Will smoke a now aged 05 to see if they are actually better.

» In my opinion....in general... the 05's have been superior to the

» 04's in both flavour and construction.

I think this seems to be a growing consensus pres. across most marcas from this year and '06.

I have found personally to be real hot and cold on JL#2. Sometimes they really are quite excellent. Sometimes they just don't do it for me. I dunno...

I would suggest the '05 just based on what has been experienced for many from this year for many different marcas including JL...

» I have found personally to be real hot and cold on JL#2. Sometimes they

» really are quite excellent. Sometimes they just don't do it for me. I

» dunno...

»

I got a 25 SLB from Jun 05 about a month ago. Waited only a week and had a couple that were very good. Tried a couple more about three weeks later and they tasted completely different, lacking that cuban twang the JL 2s I've had in the past have given off. I don't know how long to wait before sampling again. I bought them because I've enjoyed them without age before and don't really want to get into the aging game yet.