My new Motorbike...what are your thoughts.

That is a monter!

I have spent some time on a Valkyrie 1600cc and that was scary enough. Dropped it first time out at a set of traffic lights while standing still. I will never forget trying to pick it up :surprised:

I was told recently that a man should only purchase a bike that he can benchpress. I looked at all the 50cc scooters but just couldn't do it !LOL!

Did you get the white plastic basket with the daisy on the front so your Yorkie and can ride with you & pink tassles that flow in the wind, from the handle bars?

J/k of course. It's quite a nice looking cafe racer bro!!!

Rob...I'm just curious here, but does Australia have a tiered motorcycle license requirement? After x amount of years, you can move up to a bigger cc bike, etc.?? I know Canada is like that.

It has a dual system

Believe it or not I have an OPEN motorbike licence...I can purchase anything I want to....really :-D

There is a sub 250 cc restricted licence for people under 21.

»there is something called s t y l e Simple lines..classic looks....class.

Rob, I have to agree . . . in general, that bike is beautifully styled, but one thing has been bothering me . . . is that a urinal under the seat? :confused:

» »there is something called s t y l e Simple lines..classic

» looks....class.

»

» Rob, I have to agree . . . in general, that bike is beautifully styled,

» but one thing has been bothering me . . . is that a urinal under the seat?

» :confused:

Ooops… touched a nerve on that one! Hey Bwana you know I am just yankin’ your chain. Speaking of chains… that motor is the same one that they put in the matching chainsaw model right???

Curmy… that ain’t no urinal babe… that was the new bedpan induction intake. It is kinda’ a pre-nitrous oxide thing. The more methane you generate the faster it goes. Backfires through the carb were no rarity though and as these things have no reed valves many an owner has suffered a serious recto-cranial inversion as the result of a backfire. It is how I got that plate in my head. On second thought… that might have been because of a Zundap!

Okay Rob… sorry for busting your chops. I am just funnin’ you know. It is a cool scooter I just could not resist a little good fun.

Yeah Curm it is a 207 and to answer your question the tire far exceeds the capability of the scooter and the intestinal fortitude of the rider as well. My knee draggin’ days are long over. With my hips requiring replacement (too many 45 minute motos and 200 mile enduros as a youngster) this is about the only thing that I can get on any more. After about 20 minutes in the saddle, even with this contraption, I am still suffering.

If you guys want a real laugh I will have to scan a picture of me racing one of my old XR 500’s. What a pile of **** that thing was. What I loved most about it was that stupid 23 inch front wheel. Touch the brake in a corner… and down you went. I’ll have to post that if I can find it.

Those were the days that we did something stupid every time we raced. Streamers on the helmet, Gumby on the handle bars… you know! I had taped on a cardboard crown on my helmet for that loop… really stupid. I laugh every time I come across the picture. Four inches of travel was cutting edge and we all thought we were Roger DeCoster! Ahhh, how I miss the smell of burning castor oil.

• 3 years later...

Old wives' tale, mate.

If we all followed that advice most of us wouldn't get beyond a pushbike!!

:-D

Ah! Maybe another stab at social engineering......if it looks like fun, legislate it out of existance.

Or maybe I'm paranoid....image85.gif

Love the styling on that Montesa, Rob! Here's a picture of me and my motorycle -- a 2005 BMW R1200GS -- in southern Utah. My riding buddy took this picture in May, in the middle of our 10-day ride in northern California, Nevada, and southern Utah.image129.jpg