RyJ Cazadores

Hi all.

I am wanting to order some Cazadores. Can anyone tell me how they are smoking while young? I don't have the type of stash that allows me to significantly age my cigars so the majority will be smoked within the next 6 mths/year.

If I hear that this is a cigar that needs to be aged I will probably go with some PSP2's instead.

Thanks,

» Hi all.

»

» I am wanting to order some Cazadores. Can anyone tell me how they are

» smoking while young? I don't have the type of stash that allows me to

» significantly age my cigars so the majority will be smoked within the next

» 6 mths/year.

» If I hear that this is a cigar that needs to be aged I will probably go

» with some PSP2's instead.

»

» Thanks,

Who says the PSP2 does not need age. I have some that I did not like to much when young. The fresh Cazadores will be srtong in your face brash smokes. Not terribly cultured or refined but rockin hard. Get and smoke em. You tell me if I was right. I have aged cigars and fresh ones and I'm not completely sold on the idea that older is better. In fact I am coming to the personal opinion that I like fresh - 3yr old smokes the best.

These are very strong cigars. Smoked them with a group of three friends over the weekend (I think Tampa may follow with a review we are writing jointly).

With three years of age the first half or so was strong but interesting, the second half was just kick ass strong, and to me, a bit harsh. My lips were numbing up at about the halfway point. This cigar put one of us near flat on his back at about the 2/3 point (he may not have eaten beforehand). Handle with care, I haven't had one off the truck but you can bet it will have a powerful kick.

RyJ Cazadores are a nice everyday go to cigar nice sweet flavor not to strong and very smooth with a little bite.

As far as saying full bolded thats a BIG no.

PP2 overrated ..

» RyJ Cazadores are a nice everyday go to cigar nice sweet flavor not to

» strong and very smooth with a little bite.

»

» As far as saying full bolded thats a BIG no.

»

» PP2 overrated ..

Wow, PP2 appears to have a bad rap, huh? I have a couple that I rying to let age a little. I guess I should smoke one now so I can compare the later one to.

Thanks for the replies.

» RyJ Cazadores are a nice everyday go to cigar nice sweet flavor not to

» strong and very smooth with a little bite.

»

» As far as saying full bolded thats a BIG no.

Anyone that tells you that the RyJ Cazadores is NOT Full Bodied is totally FULL OF **** .:yes: and has the palate of a Billy Goat! :lol2: I will be posting a full review of the RyJ Cazadores very soon. :ok:It has been argued by the most experienced cigar smokers over the years that the RyJ Cazadores is THE strongest regular product Habanos currently in production.

Tampa1257: Anyone that tells you that the RyJ Cazadores is NOT Full Bodied is totally FULL OF **** .:yes:

I'm here to tell you that Cazadores are over-rated, over-hyped, and under-powered. People who say that they can't handle a young Caz were whimpering fools to begin with :-)

Oh, by the way... pass the toilet paper, please!

Maybe by Cuban standards they are strong but to me they are not.

I love them they have great flavor they are not mild at all but not STRONG.

I can smoke them all day long and on an empty stomach with out a problem..:ok:

I think non Cubans are stronger cigars like La Flor Dominicana Limitado II Cigars---La Flor Dominicana Ligero Cabinet Ligero they are as srong as it gets you better eat something or you will be sorry.:-D

Jimmy, sorry my friend, but everyone knows you have a palate of the Billy Goat! Yes RyJ Cazadores are a very Strong Bodied cigar. I am very glad that you like them, I enjoy them also, but the FACT remains the same, They Are a Strong Full Bodied Cigar.

»

» Wow, PP2 appears to have a bad rap, huh? I have a couple that I rying to

» let age a little. I guess I should smoke one now so I can compare the

» later one to.

»

» Thanks for the replies.

Thats the idea man, decide for yourself. I think the Cazadores are full cigars and may not be the most complex but they are not IMHO so strong that they will turn men into girls. If you can barely puff a Fonseca then don't deep inhale a Cazadores. It's all a matter of perspective. Some say a 12 gauge shot gun does not kick to bad but I say it depends on which side of the shell you are on.;-)

Just smoked 3 tonite med to full flavor not overpowering at all.

Did smoke a R&J Ex#3 at lunch time much stronger in my opinion.

Love them both..

» Maybe by Cuban standards they are strong but to me they are not.

»

» I love them they have great flavor they are not mild at all but not

» STRONG.

»

» I can smoke them all day long and on an empty stomach with out a

» problem..:ok:

»

» I think non Cubans are stronger cigars like La Flor Dominicana Limitado II

» Cigars---La Flor Dominicana Ligero Cabinet Ligero they are as srong as it

» gets you better eat something or you will be sorry.:-D

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. For Cuban cigars, they are a full bodied cigar. Fact it, they are just about the ONLY R&J that I like. Have been dabbling in the brand lately...aged, young...just don't much care for the flavor profile. The cazadores...love it. Smoking on an 03 box right now that is still full flavored and strong. Not knock your socks off strong, but strong none-the-less.

I agree that there are MANY non-Cuban cigar blends that are much stronger than current (or recent) production Habanos. The LFDs mentioned above, the JdN Antanos line, and even the Opus X and Ashton VSG (I don't think the last two are overly strong, just stronger than most Habanos).