Best \'05\'s?

El Presidente says that the '05 Habanos are the best since 1998. That's a bold statement... I have enjoyed the new PSD4's. What '05's have you smoked that you think are good now, or show promise? :confused:

»»... I have enjoyed the new PSD4's.

Bob, I second the PSD4s. Just a wonderful full bodied chocolate bomb:ok:

Looks like Partagas in general are a favorite. They are becoming my staple. I am also almost through an '05 box of Party Shorts that are outstanding.

» Definitely the new Partagas Serie P2....I've only smoked from SVF box codes

» and all have been fabulous! I can't complain :-D

Wow I must not like PArtagas I guess. The only one I tried had a tight draw, but just like all 10 PSD4 I've ever had, it was bitter and dull.

» Don't question me shrink :cool:

Rob, my friend, you caught me in a rare, serious moment. (I must be having a senior moment). In fact, I believe you, and want to take full advantage of what might be a "peak" opportunity. You said that the '05's were the best since '98 "across the board", which is a bold statement. Like any gambler, I just want to know where to place my bets!

BTW, the June '02 Hoyo Dieux are excellent! Sweet, fragrant and delicious... like gingerbread right out of the oven. Yum. :-)

!LOL! only kidding mate.

Let me be more specific. This year I have seen the Best Dip 2's, Vegas Robaina Familiars, Siglo II's, Monte 2, 4, and 5, RASS, Boli PC and BBF that I have ever seen. They are 05 stock. We have not seen 05 stock in all lines. Disappointments...some so so boxes of HDM epi 2, PASH and Siglo 1 but again in the main very good.

Add the outstanding PASP No 2 and you have what I consider to be a cracker of a year :-)

» !LOL! only kidding mate.

»

» Let me be more specific. This year I have seen the Best Dip 2's, Vegas

» Robaina Familiars, Siglo II's, Monte 2, 4, and 5, RASS, Boli PC and BBF

» that I have ever seen. They are 05 stock. We have not seen 05 stock in all

» lines. Disappointments...some so so boxes of HDM epi 2, PASH and Siglo 1

» but again in the main very good.

»

» Add the outstanding PASP No 2 and you have what I consider to be a cracker

» of a year :-)

I can personally vouch for the Monte and Diplo 2's, and RASS. VERY good now and outstanding potential. I have heard that '05 BBF are flavorful and very strong. Sounds tempting.

Gee, I sure love you, guy.... :love:

I have bought a dozen or so boxes of 05 and all are good. If I have a"flat" box it would be the BBF. I have some of all the ones listed so far on this thread and the Dip 2's Sig 6's are the best for me.

Boli PC and CE are fantastic and taste mature well past their age.