If you could buy just one box

» Of current production cigars, what would it be and why?

»

» I am in a buying mood :hungry:

Either PLPC because it is Cuban Candy or Monte #2 mainly because they are back and smoking great. After a long hiatus the 2 is back on top.

» » Of current production cigars, what would it be and why?

» »

» » I am in a buying mood :hungry:

»

» Either PLPC because it is Cuban Candy or Monte #2 mainly because they are

» back and smoking great. After a long hiatus the 2 is back on top.

Juan Lopez #1

sweet spice

» Of current production cigars, what would it be and why?

There are so many available right now that I want to ad to my assortment for aging, that when you say current production, I am going to say that you mean realitively fresh production; i.e., 2004 or 2005 box codes.

IF, that is the deffination, then I would buy a Cab of RASS. All 2004 production has been very good almost from the start, so the 50 Cab of RASS would be put to bed and leaft there sleeping for 5 years before touching for a off the hook stellar smoke in a few more years.

I already have a Cab of PLPCs sleeping for a year, so they will see the light of day in 4 more years, and not before.

I just can not say enough about the benefits and extreme pleasure of smoking a 3 to 5 year old Habanos, 5 to 8 years aged Habanos are even better IMHO.

If I was serious about aging cigars (which I am), I would buy as many 2004 production boxes as I could afford and put them down to age for 3-5-8 years. IF you needed cigars to smoke right now, there are several excellent items available with age already on them.

The regular production Habanos IMHO are a far better value than the Edicion Limitadas. I enjoy a classic cigar more so than a Fad with a H2000 type wrapper.

Tampa

» The regular production Habanos IMHO are a far better value than the

» Edicion Limitadas. I enjoy a classic cigar more so than a Fad with a H2000

» type wrapper.

»

» Tampa

Very true:ok:

Tampa1257 wrote:

If I was serious about aging cigars (which I am), I would buy as many 2004 production boxes as I could afford and put them down to age for 3-5-8 years. IF you needed cigars to smoke right now, there are several excellent items available with age already on them.

He is right. 2004 regular production has reached a high point insofar as quality of tobacco vs. construction are concerned. If I had to choose just one box, it would probably be something Partagas.

I like cigars that are mature and buy them when I can but I do not always want to wait years for a cigar that I purchase today.

Cohiba Siglo VI is as good a young cigar as any. Buy two boxes, burn one now and let one mature. If you have hundreds of cigars on hand patience can be more easily exercised.

If I was only going to buy one. Burn the Sig VI now.

if just one box, rass. consistently good in taste and construction. nice young flavor, but opens up very nicely with 3-5 years on them. as much as i would hate to, one of the ten or so cigars i could single out as my choice if i could only smoke a handful for the rest of my life.

• 2 months later...