Ode to Punch - Short de Punch

The Punch - Short de Punch has been the most consistent cigar I’ve smoked regularly in the last 18-24 months. Every single PSdP I’ve smoked have had great construction and flavors which I’ve really enjoyed, in particular that sour cream and Cuban twang. I usually smoke through a stick in 45-60 minutes and find it has the right amount of strength. 

With that said, I have been underwhelmed with the Punch Punch (a bit strong, a bit too much furniture polish?), Punch 48 (bland) and even the Punch Super Robusta RE (smooth and pleasant but unmemorable) that i’ve been smoking. This has me questioning whether I actually like Punch as a marca or if i just like the PSdP. 

I’ve read a few times that other members do not think the PSdP is representative of the Punch marca as a whole - what do you think?

• Like 1

Enjoyed my first one last week, it was great! It didn’t give me the same vibe as Punch Punch but was a nice cigar. Atmosphere was kinda crap - non welcoming lounge in Tokyo but the cigar was good. 

IMG_5812.jpeg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, EasternPromises said:

I’ve read a few times that other members do not think the PSdP is not representative of the Punch marca as a whole - what do you think?

Personally though I haven't sampled the 48. I don't think Punch has put a foot wrong since 2018. 

When Punch is dull, it's dry pencil shavings and sour papery poorly fermented tobacco.

When Punch is 'on', it's fruity and creamy in perfect balance. There are spices, woods and toasted tobacco.

• Like 2

I've struggled with the Punch line the whole way. Something about the flavours don't do it for me. I got told that Punch is a marca that requires some age, don't know how true that is, but I've packed away what I've got and am going to let some years pass before I revisit. 

• Like 1