Is Switzerland's Havana Paradise Vanishing?

3 hours ago, Islandboy said:

Yup, we countryfolk had a good run though...sure was fun while it lasted :D

Just smoke JLP and get back to the roots!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Li Bai said:

Well I guess lots of people from countries where CCs were already really expensive used to buy online from Swiss retailers and as prices are now more consistent all over the world, they might as well redirect the products to Asia directly, don't you think?

Exactly, new owners of Habanos S.A. would direct those purchases and supplies to Asia. Sort of retaining profit to Asian distributors, perhaps? Hopefully they can increase supply to PCC and benefit us in 2424, LOL!

• Like 1

It was nice while it lasted. I'll always have fond memories of smoking cigars in Switzerland. When I was first getting into cigars, had the pleasure of smoking quite a few original release BHK 52 & 54 in Zurich. Everything was easily obtainable. I was in my early 20s...didn't exactly have the funds to heavily invest in boxes. I just wish I had the foresight to load up on boxes of things I can't find anymore (or can't afford lol). Cuban cigars had been so reasonably priced and plentiful for so long...never thought it would end. 

• Like 3

On 4/26/2024 at 4:25 AM, Lunettesman said:

Family in Biel? It's where I live. Feel free to pm me if you are in town. 

They moved Aegerten; not far away. They were living in a building at the top of the funicular.

"The Havana-based group has decided to favor distributors which are 100% under Cuban control (like Coprova in France, Laguito 1492 in Benelux or Tabacalera in Spain) to the detriment of independent distributors (Phoenicia, Pacific Cigar) or structures in which Habanos SA partners with another group (Intertabak AG in Switzerland)."

PCC is clearly mentioned in the article.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1