Protest erupts in eastern Cuba amid blackouts, food shortages

Things are really becoming unglued down there. Haiti perhaps even worse with no government rule and total chaos. 

"President Miguel Diaz-Canel to call for dialogue in an "atmosphere of tranquility and peace."

Yeah right !!!  Just watch the heavy handed way this gets quelled .

1 hour ago, helix said:

"President Miguel Diaz-Canel to call for dialogue in an "atmosphere of tranquility and peace."

To take place in a dark room.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Police station stormed by protestors, is this real momentum building?

We have been here before.  Day 3 is the key. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

It's strange following this from afar and almost waiting for it to fizzle out again. Have you any talk about how it is on the ground at all?

Military/Police haven't moved in as yet. Allowing protesters to have their say. 

They did the same last time. Identified ringleaders for first two days, infiltrated protests, and then moved in. 

I wish the protesters well. I would be more confident if there were images tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands marching in the streets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, El Presidente said:

They did the same last time. Identified ringleaders for first two days, infiltrated protests, and then moved in. 

I wish the protesters well. I would be more confident if there were images tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands marching in the streets.

Bless them..

Ya, commonly used strategies 

1) allow them to speak and walk out at day 1-3 to release pressure

2) identify the leaders and ask them to have “coffee” somewhere..

3) launch some policies to relax the situation… and people go home.

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

You’ve personally spent a lot of time in Cuba. Being that you have a good understanding of the environment in Cuba do you see real change happening in your life? 

30 minutes ago, CigarCulture09 said:

You’ve personally spent a lot of time in Cuba. Being that you have a good understanding of the environment in Cuba do you see real change happening in your life? 

I think Cubans have voted with their feet. 7% have left the country since 2021. They lived there and couldn't see a change. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 12:11 PM, El Presidente said:

I think Cubans have voted with their feet. 7% have left the country since 2021. They lived there and couldn't see a change.

7% percent in a 3 year period. That is crazy. I did not know that. I knew it was high but never would have guessed that high. 

13 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Yep, same! Problem I see, they are poorly / not organised.