Good luck enforcing this one. Smoking age lifted to 21.

You only have to see the queue for the vape vans in Brickell on a Friday/Saturday night to know they have their work cut out for them. ;)

"Anyone under 21 can no longer legally buy cigarettes, cigars or any other tobacco products in the U.S.

The new law enacted last week by Congress also applies to electronic cigarettes and vaping products that heat a liquid containing nicotine.

The provision raising the legal limit from 18 to 21 nationwide was in a massive spending bill passed by Congress and signed by the president on Dec. 20. About one-third of states already had their own laws restricting tobacco sales to people 21 and older."

image.png

You missed an opportunity there. You could have fitted out a van with a cranking stereo system, neon/laser lights maybe even a disco ball, touring around the GC selling CCs and Nudies.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

You missed an opportunity there. You could have fitted out a van with a cranking stereo system, neon/laser lights maybe even a disco ball, touring around the GC selling CCs and Nudies.

Love it. 

The Nudemobile 

Concept below. 

image.png

• Haha 1

We had this place - Hellams Tobacco Shop in Monterey, and at 12 years old he would sell us cigarettes and clove cigarettes. He had one of those voice boxes from smoking. It never deterred us. Times sure have changed!

On 3/15/2024 at 1:43 AM, PigFish said:

… you can change your sex at 9 but cannot buy tobacco.

All you need for an asylum is a room and right sort to fill it with.

Nope. Take a break from fox. 

3 hours ago, Duxnutz said:

Nope. Take a break from fox. 

… it was a rhetorical comment mate indicating that we have bigger issues then 20 YOs smoking cigars. Your slip is showing, by the way…. -lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Fugu said:

Mate, as kids of the 60s/70s, we used to sneak through a hole in the fence into the open landfill for “playing”. I recall us shorting old car batteries until the spanner would be glowing red, blowing up spray cans and other ‘surprises’ in bonfires done from waste (till we got discovered and in trouble 😅). We would play with blocks of dry ice the grocer just dumped, did hide-and-seek in forbidden crumbling WW2-bunker ruins, practised knife-throwing, widely ignoring all the unexpected ricochets, climbed the highest trees... And you know what?! We survived!! 😂

Sure, we got hurt on occasion but we survived it. And the best part - we had fun! Lots of! - - Today? Unthinkable that parents would leave their kids alone, playing on their own before they entered highschool... 🙄. And the very generation of those “parents” is exactly the one enforcing tobacco legislation. No surprises there.

I am not saying it was all better back then, far from it. But I am sorely missing a certain mindset today of just taking things (life) easy.

Well said. My generation was wild lol. But a lot of mine was self destructive. In the end I think I'm better for all of it. 

17 hours ago, Fugu said:

I am not saying it was all better back then, far from it. But I am sorely missing a certain mindset today of just taking things (life) easy.

I’ll say it then.

Since I am being factchecked, I have to wonder how our freedoms to experience and hurt ourselves organically stacks up to today’s fears, phobias, medications and suicide rates and violence in youths.

Hell I might be checking my own ‘gender’ in today’s world of weirdness. I am glad my only choice was not to undress virtual creatures, hermaphrodite cat-people and the like and I got to experience the beach, a few blankets and a rambunctious redhead, and an occasional slap on the cheek.

I would like to see one of the hotshots today skate on steel wheels….🤪

"The closer the collapse of the Empire, the crazier its laws." 

Cicero said it 2000 years ago and tbh, I feel concerned about the future of the western world, for what it's worth.

• Like 1