Japan: Anything in Northern Honshu and Hokkaido

charx

We are going to rent a car at Narita and head North for a couple of weeks.  We want to hit onsen towns and do a more "off the beaten track" kind of thing.  We also want to spend a few days in Hokkaido to check out some whisky distilleries.  

I will take some CC's but might want to check out the cigar scene in Japan, if there is one out of the big cities, I will be near Sapporo for a while though. 

Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, charx said:

We are going to rent a car at Narita and head North for a couple of weeks.  We want to hit onsen towns and do a more "off the beaten track" kind of thing.  We also want to spend a few days in Hokkaido to check out some whisky distilleries.  

I will take some CC's but might want to check out the cigar scene in Japan, if there is one out of the big cities, I will be near Sapporo for a while though. 

Any suggestions?

The Bar and Cigar Lounge outside of Sapporo and Azubar in Sapporo. There is not much up there, I have a home a couple stops from Sapporo station and not a lot of spots outside of those 2. Some bars and resturants still let you smoke in Sapporo, just gotta ask before you do

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 5:24 AM, Hiroshiro said:

The Bar and Cigar Lounge outside of Sapporo and Azubar in Sapporo. There is not much up there, I have a home a couple stops from Sapporo station and not a lot of spots outside of those 2. Some bars and resturants still let you smoke in Sapporo, just gotta ask before you do

Thanks.  I will give that a try!

Ha!  I'll be spending all my money on cycling and Cuban cigars!  I don't ski, but thanks for the tip!

• Like 1