Error -200 when trying to load jpeg

BoliDan

15 hours ago, ha_banos said:

Yeah was also getting these last night. Edited the image and saved seemed to upload. Only noticed started happening yesterday.

Yup, that's how I fixed it. Cropped the image just a hair, and it uploaded.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

I still get this issue (error code -200) uploading a photo :(

Hence all but stopped uploading photos. Again, cropping them slightly works but is a pain every time. Same images upload ok to other forum..... (not that I use many other cigar forums! 😇)

Hi Gents,

@ha_banos @BoliDan

Can you please forward me a sample image you're trying to upload? I can't seem to recreate the error my end. The site should automatically resize any large images to suit the settings, but there could be some outlier reason for this error depending on the image specs. 

If you can send me the full size image to [email protected] I'll see what happens from our end when uploading, that we can narrow down the cause. 

Cheers.

Oh I get too FYI. I attribute it to when I take pics on the 3:4 108mp setting on my Samsung 22 ultra(which is my default setting if I don't need to zoom a lot). With the setting a picture can be over 20mb

To get around this I just choose a different picture setting that isn't as large a file

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ChangBang said:

Oh I get too FYI. I attribute it to when I take pics on the 3:4 108mp setting on my Samsung 22 ultra(which is my default setting if I don't need to zoom a lot). With the setting a picture can be over 20mb

Thanks. Yeah, ok, when I set my Samsung 23 Ultra to 200mp a 14mb image gets the error. And that seems to be a default Invision file limit that cannot be adjusted. Which is understandable as there's really no need to be uploading such large files. The storage ramifications for photo heavy sites would be considerable. Not to mention your own device's storage. Also, majority of viewing is done on phones or laptops, where a 1mb photo will look just as good as 15mb photo. Even on a desktop you would struggle to pick the difference unless you had to crop in and enlarge an area. 

The standard setting on my S23 is something like 12mp, I think. Which is more than adequate for most uses. 

12 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

Thanks. Yeah, ok, when I set my Samsung 23 Ultra to 200mp a 14mb image gets the error. And that seems to be a default Invision file limit that cannot be adjusted. Which is understandable as there's really no need to be uploading such large files. The storage ramifications for photo heavy sites would be considerable. Not to mention your own device's storage. Also, majority of viewing is done on phones or laptops, where a 1mb photo will look just as good as 15mb photo. Even on a desktop you would struggle to pick the difference unless you had to crop in and enlarge an area. 

The standard setting on my S23 is something like 12mp, I think. Which is more than adequate for most uses. 

I think the invision software does or did resize the photos down after the upload is complete, so that the huge size only affects the upload bandwidth.

If not it should 😂

• Like 1

Oh yea it's definitely overkill in 99% of the pictures I take, but I'm not concerned about storage space on my phone and I'd rather have it and not need it.  But yea if I take a picture I want to upload to FOH, I def need to remember to toggle the camera setting to the 12mp option.  

Hope my observation helps!

• Like 1

Ok. This seems to be Pixel 7 related. @ha_banos emailed me an image... below is what I found and my reply... 

This appears to be purely aspect ratio related. Standard 3:4 will upload fine. I took your image and made it 3000 x 4000 and it worked. The Pixel 7 specs are a little out of whack for 3:4 (3072x4080). Not sure why that is or why the forum can’t crop it automatically to suit but that appears to be the reason. 

I’ll have to look into it further to see if there’s a fix in the current update to be done or one in the works. 

• Like 1

Ah yes I also have a pixel 7 pro, I'm guessing it changed after an phone os update, as I never had the problem until a few months ago, and I've had the phone since at least last year (I think that was when it was released).

I think an OS update changed what is uploaded (not how it is captured), as the original capture resolution on my pixel 6 was the same (3072x4080), and it never caused any problems.

• Like 1