2023 Desnudo Carlota Tasting and Review thread.

Picked a couple up from J Fox in Dublin last week. Unsure how long they’ve been resting.

IPA not my smartest choice. Packed a punch. A note that reminded me of kinder eggs - first time for everything.

IMG_1109.jpeg.9b76dc662a23bfd8a723578d15817280.jpeg

IMG_1122.jpeg.1d172387efc8c2ac3b6cae4bb0f52bfc.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for the video. 
Smoked my last Carlota from 2019 on Sunday. More than happy to fill in the gap with new release.
Rob/Hamlet, I simply can understand that this is your daily-go-cigar. It is mine as well. Thanks for doing this, highly appreciated 🙏. Kudos & love to you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoodStix said:

@El Presidente

Rob, I know the Monte Esp 2 very well, but I never had the opportunity to smoke the Partagas SdC 3 you said these new Carlota have the “punch” of.  Is there any other similar CC?

Nothing comes close in the current Habanos line-up to a PSDC No 3. 

It was the sole reason we made our first NC cigar in 2019 a Carlota.  I miss that cigar and size so much. I don't miss the plugs however.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We tried them ROTT and they are very good.  A little spicier than the Lancero and Petit Corona, but full bodied and a really good smoke.  My wife and I both tried them, and they smoked very well and just had a lot of good flavors to them.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally was able to smoke one yesterday morning.  The draw was perfect and the flavor was amazing but ROTT it was way too strong,  intense, spicy and full body for me and I could only smoke half of it before I put it down..  I have 49 put away for at least 90 days and hopefully they will mellow out a lot for me.  But I am thinking for my taste it will probably be at least 6 months.

8 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

I finally was able to smoke one yesterday morning.  The draw was perfect and the flavor was amazing but ROTT it was way too strong,  intense, spicy and full body for me and I could only smoke half of it before I put it down..  I have 49 put away for at least 90 days and hopefully they will mellow out a lot for me.  But I am thinking for my taste it will probably be at least 6 months.

I totally agree.  Very strong and intense.  That's not necessarily a bad thing though.  

• Like 1

Normally I don’t smoke ROTT, but I couldn’t resist. 
it’s very fresh and the 90 days lay down time are a must. 
As all above stated, yes it’s a strong one, but not harsh. Quite round with flavour and I could manage to get some nice honey caramel touch while smoking. Couldn’t finish my cigar as it started to rain cats & dogs, again. 
will see it again in 2024. 

• 3 months later...

Huge improvement with 90+ days down. Has morphed into an enjoyable affordable option. I strongly prefer Cuban tobacco flavour over traditional NC (and yes I’ve smoked many considered to be top tier examples, except for Padron which I haven’t yet sourced), so I assumed the Carlota would be excellent construction (they are) but flavour-wise just ok but not my thing. To each their own. But instead I’ve been pleasantly surprised. These truly are an enjoyable cigar, to my tastes. Great value.

• Thanks 1