Post Combining?

Michael303

It looks like a recent reply I made in the Daily Smoke thread got combined with my post from a prior day.  Is this an automated process for forum software does or manual moderation?  If it's done manually, can a mod please let me know if I'm stepping on forum etiquette so I can stop making extra work for the team.  Any feedback is appreciated.

• Like 1

We go through and 'clean the things up', so to speak, so that the forum is presented in a uniform style and is easier to read, in general. It's not just combining posts, it's also fixing obvious spelling and grammatical errors, images that are not upright etc. 

In regard to the Daily Smoking thread (and perhaps the Cuban Purchase thread...you know the topics that get a lot of reads), try to space your posts there about 20 hours apart or so. Again, it's not a hard and fast rule, it's just something that helps to make that very popular thread more readable and less time-consuming to peruse for others.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, JohnS said:

We go through and 'clean the things up', so to speak, so that the forum is presented in a uniform style and is easier to read, in general. It's not just combining posts, it's also fixing obvious spelling and grammatical errors, images that are not upright etc. 

In regard to the Daily Smoking thread (and perhaps the Cuban Purchase thread...you know the topics that get a lot of reads), try to space your posts there about 20 hours apart or so. Again, it's not a hard and fast rule, it's just something that helps to make that very popular thread more readable and less time-consuming to peruse for others.

Thanks for the insight, John.  I just wanted to make sure I'm not creating extra work for you or the rest of the team or crossing some convention I was unaware of.  

• Thanks 1