Punch DC 2018 Cab?

They were discontinued in 2017.  Then they had one last burst of them at the end of 2018.  I wasn't aware of this and I was in Cuba when they came out.  I saw that cab at Hotel Libre and clawed onto it like I was fighting for the last beany baby on black Friday.  I have a box with the exact same datecode (and Cuba LCDH price sticker) as you.  These oddly timed when  the Sir Davids were made.  I thought they could be left over Sir Davids (almost identical size).  I have one Sir David and one cab of these 2018 Punch DCs.  I plan to taste test to confirm that.  Also oddly, they were mostly only seen on the island.  A few places sold them (one batch here), but the bulk seem to be sold in Cuba.

Anyhow, your cigars are legit and you (and I) are lucky in grabbing on of the last cabs ever made of these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a UGO AGO 18 cab and I have zero doubt they are legit. They are stunners. I sure hope mine are left over Sr David’s 😎

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Monterey said:

They were discontinued in 2017.  Then they had one last burst of them at the end of 2018.  I wasn't aware of this and I was in Cuba when they came out.  I saw that cab at Hotel Libre and clawed onto it like I was fighting for the last beany baby on black Friday.  I have a box with the exact same datecode (and Cuba LCDH price sticker) as you.  These oddly timed when  the Sir Davids were made.  I thought they could be left over Sir Davids (almost identical size).  I have one Sir David and one cab of these 2018 Punch DCs.  I plan to taste test to confirm that.  Also oddly, they were mostly only seen on the island.  A few places sold them (one batch here), but the bulk seem to be sold in Cuba.

Anyhow, your cigars are legit and you (and I) are lucky in grabbing on of the last cabs ever made of these.

This is great information. Please let me know how the taste test goes. Had no idea about any of this until now.

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Puros Y Vino said:

There's a lot of "discontinued" cigars that sneak out past their official date. If they serial # checks out you should be fine.

Very good to know, thanks!