Deep Dive: Partagas Serie D Number 6

El Presidente

Partagas Serie D Number 6   

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deep Dive: Partagas Serie D Number 6 

One of the great Habanos blends. 

One of the dumbest execution of a great Habanos blend.

50 x 90mm?  Make it a Double Robusto and put 25 in a box and boxes of 10. 

Partagas Serie D Number 6 

• Do you like  Partagas Serie D Number 6 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Partagas Serie D Number 6  
  • Do the poll!

Let's talk Partagas Serie D Number 6   :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES

Partagas Serie D Number 6 SEP 21.jpg

8 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

One of the great Habanos blends. 

One of the dumbest execution of a great Habanos blend.

Can't be summed up better than that.

Regardless of blend I can't believe they haven't done a Robustos Extra D3/D2 yet. Talk about a teed-up winner. 

It's astonishing how well these seem to sell. Do people really enjoy this vitola?

I think they really missed the mark not doing these as a true Petit Robusto considering the popularity of the Hoyo PR that had been established 10 years before the D6. 

I guess they got the message since there's never been another D No.6 released. 

• Like 2

Someone must be buying these, it can't be just me! 😉

For me, they're like an amped-up version of the Partagas Serie D No.4 and average around 50 minutes a smoke.

It goes without saying that the 20-count wooden box packaging is woeful, the 5-count tins are more handy.

P.S. I also very much enjoy the similarly-sized Romeo y Julieta Petit Royales. Surely someone else must be buying those too! 😄

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Someone must be buying these, it can't be just me! 😉

For me, they're like an amped-up version of the Partagas Serie D No.4 and average around 50 minutes a smoke.

It goes without saying that the 20-count wooden box packaging is woeful, the 5-count tins are more handy.

P.S. I also very much enjoy the similarly-sized Romeo y Julieta Petit Royales. Surely someone else must be buying those too! 😄

I was buying both at lower price points. Will not be buying either in future! Going to let my existing stock age a few more years. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alex1126 said:

Pointless to me, once you get going and start getting nice flavors it starts to overheat and get bitter, D5 is way better.

That's why I hate to love the PSD6. They can be frustrating some times... 

On 1/31/2023 at 3:29 AM, JohnS said:

This assessment totally makes sense to me. 👍🏼

I just recently acquired a box of these with a couple years already on em and they are smoking wonderfully. It’s my first time trying them and I am a fan.

I’m loving the shorter vitolas lately as having a toddler limits my sit down time. But having something like this that I could light up while we take a family walk around the neighborhood is really nice.

It would be awesome to see these in a little baby cab instead of the weird box they come in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ha_banos said:

I had a moan about these previously. I've only tried a handful. Just harsh pepper bombs.

Maybe I should try another one...

Which ones did you try? I have smoked a lot of N1s and N3s. Zero pepper from start to finish

4 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Which ones did you try? I have smoked a lot of N1s and N3s. Zero pepper from start to finish

Oops. Wrong thread!! Sorry lol

• Haha 1