RAMÓN ALLONES NOELLAS ARRIVES IN ITALY

17 hours ago, Fugu said:

They could even use the same basic glassware as for the HU Noellas without further ado, saving them preproduction / tooling costs. Wonder if that’s what’s actually been done.

I'm pretty sure it's just the "standard" glass jar. I mean, have they even changed at all in 100 years? The HU Noellas jar looks about as same as the old 1940s HU Cristales jars. 

If they could afford to sell the HU Noellas for $160 until a couple years ago in Cuba I don't think they're too costly to produce. 

The next move will be putting some ERs in foil bags like Cazadores and marking it up. "Unique" packaging. Although they did use the foil for the Boli Especiales No. 2, but in those days ER prices were reasonable. I think I paid around $415 for them at the time. And they were one of the most sought-after ERs on release. 

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I'm pretty sure it's just the "standard" glass jar. I mean, have they even changed at all in 100 years? The HU Noellas jar looks about as same as the old 1940s HU Cristales jars.

Should be 3 Millimetres taller... 😉 But yep, most certainly.

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Boli Especiales No. 2, but in those days ER prices were reasonable. I think I paid around $415 for them at the time. And they were one of the most sought-after ERs on release.

Had been EUR 280 (11.20 single)!

For comparison, in the same market, the other regular Delicados at that time were 11.10 (Party Connie1) and 9.40 (ERDM GdE). The same-dimension Monte Especial had been 12.70.

So, the Boli2 was perfectly in line within regprod pricing, as had been the normal back then.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Puros Y Vino said:

So,this is new. The warning stickers are printed on the box. Not stickers at all 😮

Interesting. Perhaps Cuba offloaded the boxes/outer packaging to Diadema. Boxes for jars aren't something Cuba does much of. Perhaps even Diadema requested they handle it.