NC review: Southern Draw Rose of Sharon Lancero

Thanks for the review. I love the Rose of Sharon, with the exception of the "lancero". For me it is a big step down from the other vitolas. 

It's never been clear to me, who blended it. I've read posts by Robert saying he blended it is often credited to AJ. I know it was from the AJ's factory, and if AJ he actually blended it, it is arguably the best cigar he ever blended. 

Jason

Just now, JLH said:

Thanks for the review. I love the Rose of Sharon, with the exception of the "lancero". For me it is a big step down from the other vitolas. 

It's never been clear to me, who blended it. I've read posts by Robert saying he blended it is often credited to AJ. I know it was from the AJ's factory, and if AJ he actually blended it, it is arguably the best cigar he ever blended. 

Jason

All I know is none of Robert's stuff has the trademark AJ toasted earth and leather combination.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MossybackR said:

@ayedfy Okay, now I’m confused — I found the lancero available (not at Holts), but it has a secondary band titled “the Thorn”. What is going on?

No idea sorry! I got this as a single and otherwise have no knowledge of the brand.

Good question.  I've seen inconsistent specs and details posted on this cigar (and its iterations) with respect to length and ring gauge as well as the contents of its flller (at least one reputable source lists honduran).  I've also seen several varieties that were "exclusives" to a B&M, famous, etc.  I do not know the answer for sure, but might suggest is has something with the particular size. Is that a 7.5 x 40?

I've also heard and had mixed experiences with the cigar over the years.  Are those new and do you like them?

Okay. I understand now — there are two vanities: “Rose of Sharon” (which you reviewed) and the “Desert Rose” (which I had bought — no review yet). From their website, “Southern Draw may very well be considered a “newcomer” to this industry but we aren’t new to cigars and we offer only uniquely blended premium cigars that are hand crafted from only fine Cuban seed tobaccos afforded us by our global partners and then patiently aged and naturally fermented by the dedicated hands at the world renowned AJ Fernandez Cigar Co. located in the heart of Estelí, Nicaragua.”

https://www.southerndrawcigars.com/cigars