10lb trout "no point in taking a photo of that". that will do me.

Ken Gargett

3 hours ago, Hemclas said:

Thanks for sharing.  I love trout fishing.

Pictures from 2 years go, January in Missouri.

Bennett Springs? I had a huge Brown on below Bull Shoals dam a few years ago. Would have gone at least 15 lbs. Little white jig on 4lb test. Easily bent that hook and got off at the boat. 

On 9/6/2022 at 9:28 PM, KCCubano said:

Bennett Springs? I had a huge Brown on below Bull Shoals dam a few years ago. Would have gone at least 15 lbs. Little white jig on 4lb test. Easily bent that hook and got off at the boat. 

Wow!  That's a hell of a catch!

Montauk State Park.  We fish mainly the upper area where Pigeon Creek and the spring that feeds the Current River come together.  We go at least every October and January.  It's been cold enough in January to freeze the rod eyelets.  We're going next weekend, can't wait!  Love standing in the river smoking a cigar while I half-ass try to catch those damn trout that don't seem to want to eat 90% of what I throw at them.

3 minutes ago, Hemclas said:

Wow!  That's a hell of a catch!

Montauk State Park.  We fish mainly the upper area where Pigeon Creek and the spring that feeds the Current River come together.  We go at least every October and January.  It's been cold enough in January to freeze the rod eyelets.  We're going next weekend, can't wait!  Love standing in the river smoking a cigar while I half-ass try to catch those damn trout that don't seem to want to eat 90% of what I throw at them.

Used to do overnight Current River smallmouth trips with the legendary Ron Kruger. Unreal outdoor photographer. We had a September trip planned one year on lower Buffalo River in Arkansas but they found him dead in his Emminence cabin two weeks earlier. Miss those trips with him. Used to take the kids to Bennett when they were younger. Never fished Montauk. Good luck next weekend! You fly or spinning?