Spacing it out

Complete opposite for me.  I smoke around 2 cigars a day and I experience nothing like you mention.  If I go a week without a cigar (sick, avoiding cigars during a weeks snow event, etc . . .) I notice that it takes me a few cigars to get back up to speed.

Aside from being sick (haven't been sick in a few years) and extreme heat/cold, I rarely go a day without a cigar.My palate is not impacted from this and I have zero desire to "space things out"

• Like 3

I’m mostly with Monterey here - I find that I appreciate more nuance in flavors when I smoke regularly. I’m mostly a seasonal smoker so it takes a while to get things up to speed and tastes acclimated. Same thing for wine with me. 

• Like 2

For me it's a bit of a delicate balance of time between cigars. If I space it out too much (like 1.5+ months), I lose some of the "learnings" and acclimation on the taste side. But if I have a 3-4 a week, I lose a bit of nuance detection as well. 

Funny, I do not get that with cigars. I most definitely get it with wine and beer. If I haven’t had a glass of wine or beer in a while (which does not happen very frequently) that first few sips of a good wine or ice cold beer that make you think my goodness that is freakin good. After two years not eating really good omakase sushi bellying up to the bar with my favorite chef in NYC I almost keeled over it was so good. When you do it 3 times a week nowhere near the pleasure. 

• Like 4

I have been smoking cubans since the 90s and for my palate and everyones is different I find that I can pick up on subtle flavors and they are more intense if I smoke less frequently. If I smoke daily the flavor profile becomes much more generic in delivery. Like I said everyone is different. I know people that smoke 3 a day every day. 

• Like 3

I find that my palate is done after one stick....per day

By the same token I try to make sure that I have not eaten something sweet or spicy prior to lighting up.

I am amazed sometimes when I have participated in live herfs that some folks will smoke 3-5 sticks during the evening get together...

• Like 2