Raching MON3800A just died

Meesterjojo

14 months. Compressors died a few days ago. 

Was absolutely beautiful until that point, but there is no support line or email, and the company hasn't responded to any of my requests for Skype, phone, emails. 

Buyer beware, but I always knew as much, I just didn't want to believe it. The lack of post sales support is the hardest, though. 

So I've filled up my old audew humidors until I can figure out a better solution. I wish i hadnt sold the 2nd one to my pal. I definitely will check on service and support more thoroughly next time. 

For those curious: supposed to be dual compressor, but as I looked in it's actually 1 embarcco compressor. So that was a lie. When it died an alarm sounded and it started flashing SF, but I have no idea what this means as it's not in the user manual. I could hear the fluid sloshing sound and then nothing. So sad. 

Anyway, I can't get a return on any format for support, but I can for sales. As soon as I ask about my issue to sales all goes silent. 

Will try to replace the compressor later this week. Will update if anyone is curious. 

• Sad 5

I hope this gets resolved. I know a a few guys that recently bought some units.  Hate to think the company will leave customers to drift.  Apparently the compressor is covered for 3 years. 

20220815_115040.jpg

Yeah, but they finally got back to me. Apparently the flashing code "SF" is 5F and it means a water pump needs to be replaced. 

So, $48 and they'll ship the parts to me. They have videos online showing how to replace it. What an absolute pain. 

Re-contacted them asking how changing a the cheap water pump next to the water tank which controls humidity is going to fix the compressor not turning on. 

I think their codes are way off. I have zero problems with humidity, but the dang compressor to keep it cool won't turn on. 

I don't know how to get them to understand this. Frustrating. 

• Sad 1

Latest update I'm the saga: raching insists that even though the humidity is absolutely perfect, the water pump for the humidifier must be replaced due to the error code. 

Mind you, the water pump is only for the humidifier and is not connected to the condenser in any way. 

They tell me that if I replace the water pump then the humidity will go down (its at 62%) and then the temperature will also go down. 

This is insanity. 

• Sad 2

How is the situation going?

I was wondering out of curiosity. If the humidity system crash. Would it be possible to fill the unit with boveda and just use the cooling system?

Im surprised how bad the customer service has been. The only time j had a problem with mine they reacted quickly and efficiently 

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2022 at 4:09 PM, Meesterjojo said:

Latest update I'm the saga: raching insists that even though the humidity is absolutely perfect, the water pump for the humidifier must be replaced due to the error code. 

Mind you, the water pump is only for the humidifier and is not connected to the condenser in any way. 

They tell me that if I replace the water pump then the humidity will go down (its at 62%) and then the temperature will also go down. 

This is insanity. 

Man, I got really excited about this brand when I first heard about it two years ago, even went as far as getting quotes and trying to figure out if it was worth trying to arrange a group buy for a bunch. But hear this really seems very annoying.  I wonder if you have any update since it been a month? Did the water pump solve the trick?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the mon3800a as well. They have a few Facebook pages and Instagram and also I can talk to them on Alibaba. Yes it is difficult to communicate with them because they are all Chinese and dont speak perfect english. it was a bit of a hassle communicating with them when I ordered mine. I would suggest searching all the FB pages they have that are run by different employees and see if someone can communicate better than who you are talking to. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/5/2023 at 8:50 AM, Mr_Phist said:

Seeing this post makes my heart sink. I was so happy when I made the biggest non home/car/wedding ring purchase of my life with this. I bought it from a local B&M, so hopefully they can help with the company if there are issues.

Wow! That looks amazing! I’m now on the fence about this brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Would love to know how your guys Rachings are going? 

There are enough in use by forum members to make an assessment. 

They released a new SS model. 

SS

Was just about to ask a question about Raching humidors until I saw this. Overall what is everyone’s experience with Raching humidors? I’ve been looking at the MON800 and the MON5800A.