hemingway in cuba in WWII

1 hour ago, westg said:

Thanks Ken, I have been making my way through all of his books lately. 

you've inspired me, westie. so many crackers - old man and the sea, green hills of africa, sun also rises probably my faves. loved that short story - snows of kilimanjaro as well. and death in the afternoon, though i guess it is a bit different. i started re-reading all those wonderful james clavell Asian sagas recently. loving them but still a way to go. then i was going to go back to the original ludlum bourne series to see if that has held up. and now you have me wanting to get straight into hemingway. never enough time. 

enjoy them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

you've inspired me, westie. so many crackers - old man and the sea, green hills of africa, sun also rises probably my faves. loved that short story - snows of kilimanjaro as well. and death in the afternoon, though i guess it is a bit different. i started re-reading all those wonderful james clavell Asian sagas recently. loving them but still a way to go. then i was going to go back to the original ludlum bourne series to see if that has held up. and now you have me wanting to get straight into hemingway. never enough time. 

enjoy them.

.......lucky you don't have a job!

:lol3:

6 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

.......lucky you don't have a job!

:lol3:

well didn't someone rattle your cage this morning.

i work seven days a week. have for years. just because one enjoys one's work does not mean it is not a job (sadly, not a well paying one, but one soldiers on).

and talk about pot kettle. i have told Di that she needs to buy a visitors' book for the office so they can keep track of the rare times you drop by.  

• Haha 2

The short stories really are exceptional and do a great job of placing the man in his life and his writing career. From the Michigan lakes to African safari and Caribbean island hopping, his stories could take you on a gritty and realistic adventure anywhere. A true legend.

57 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

well didn't someone rattle your cage this morning.

i work seven days a week. have for years. just because one enjoys one's work does not mean it is not a job (sadly, not a well paying one, but one soldiers on).

and talk about pot kettle. i have told Di that she needs to buy a visitors' book for the office so they can keep track of the rare times you drop by.  

Bit of a cry baby isn't he ...can hand it out all day long but when he cops a tiny little bit back holds his breath and stamps his feet. 🥺🥶🏃

🌴😎

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

di is a saint to put up with him. 

I must say I did prefer the Mork from Ork jacket in the previous review.😎🌴🏃

1 minute ago, westg said:

I must say I did prefer the Mork from Ork jacket in the previous review.😎🌴🏃

the second hand stores in his area do a roaring trade. that, or he keeps rolling homeless old people and stealing their clothes. 

• Haha 1