Video Review - Por Larranaga Galanes - RAT NOV 20

MoeFOH

16 hours ago, El Presidente said:

.......I wish these were in plentiful supply :rolleyes:

Very much so. Sadly I think the rarity of them will drive them nuts on the secondaries and grey market. 

In my limited experience (of 2) they feel like a lovechild between an aged PLPC and that honeycomb sweetness out of a CoRo. I regret mentioning the latter cigar, but I have really enjoyed the two I've had and found that honey-ish note in both. Definitely a "want another" cigar after smoking. Only wish there was a pinch firmer draw on them to slow it down. Definitely one of those you want to wait a bit between draws. 

• Like 3

Great opening on this review 😁

I was lucky to receive one of these from @RichG (actually, the same box code, RAT NOV 20).  It was great, like was said before, caramel/toffee notes with honeyed biscuit, a flavor profile that was surprisingly well defined for a medium-light bodied cigar without a lot of age to it. They really nailed the blend on these.  I’ve been lucky to have gotten two boxes which I haven’t tried yet, but I probably should have grabbed more when I had the chance.  Definitely still keeping an eye out for them.

• Like 3

Smoking a Galanes now 21, and it is exactly has Ken and El Pres describe. I am thoroughly enjoying. No mongrel in this one and a nice bread and honey sweetness on the finish,  It's a light to medium for sure and I can see this as a great morning smoke with an espresso or afternoon with a nice beer. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

you have to love the professionalism shown at the start… and this time was entirely my fault. 

Handled with class, handled with class… though some did fear you were about to be the victim of Rob’s elder abuse 😉

45 minutes ago, graham_uk said:

How would we descibe the difference between the Galanes and the Picadores?

Galanes is the result of a midnight romp  between Por larranaga Petit Corona  and Cohiba Robusto. 

Picadores is the result of a midnight romp between Por larranaga Petit Corona and Partagas Serie D 4 

• Like 4