Correct way to store full boxes in a humidor

Devo15

I was wondering if storing full boxes on their sides is a bad idea in my humidor? I was reading the PDF about the step-by-step building of a humidor by Ray, and in his picture of his finished humidor it showed boxes stacked whichever way they’d fit.  Is that ok for the short term, but a bad idea for longterm storage? I’ve been careful to stack them flat but that leaves a lot of voids in the humidor where I could easily slip another 5-10 boxes in sideways. My other thought was to possibly rotate, every few weeks, the ones that are on their sides with ones that are flat. Any advice would be appreciated. 

If you humidor conditions are good my opinion is it doesn’t matter how you put them in and there would be no need to rotate them. 

• Thanks 1

Storing a box flat, the cigars rest on the bottom of the box. Storing the box on it's side, the cigars are still on the bottom, it's just that the side is now the bottom of the box. If the RH is stable, there is no need to worry how the boxes are stacked. Even stacking upright, where the cigars are vertical, should not be a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I try to not pack my boxes too tightly together. One big tight block of boxes and the dry ones stay dry and the wet ones stay wet. A little space in-between boxes ain't such a bad thing.  I wouldn't over think it.

• Thanks 1