MONTECRISTO 80

Yesterday I smoked another Monte80 that was gifted me four years ago.I do not know the box code .

I'm not a fan of the size so I did not buy any.

Completely not satisfied with it, even if burn perfectly, strong/hard ash, perfect draw, never needed a correction/relight .

Nice amount of smoke but it was just hot air for almost all the cigar.

I got some leather/Pepper just in the last inch.

Are these cigars operated or I'm the unlucky guy?

Monte80.jpg

• Like 3

I've only smoked one.  Like  you, the size and pricing made it less appealing to me.  The first half smoked on the bland side. The second half was typical Montecristo.  Very smooth and enjoyable.  It did seem to burn through pretty quick for such a large cigar. 

I unfortunately only bought a few when they were available. I say that because one of them was outstanding and the other other one, like your example Gino, was bland and ordinary.

It's interesting because we were having a discussion on the Montecristo marca yesterday in another thread here and there were a number of members who are familiar with how Montecristo has a wide range of performance issues. Yes, you can find that they are great to outstanding or otherwise average to bland.

• Like 2

I smoked through two boxes and found them to be one of the best cigars I ever smoked.  I do not like the size all that much but I found these to be exceptional.  Maybe I got lucky or you were unlucky...or both.  I will say I smoked mine when they were younger and have not had one in a while as I don't have anymore.

• Like 3