H. Upmann Petit Corona - LUB ABR 14 (OYMRW)

I wonder if the #2s with age would be a similar profile to the pc, I've got one box that I've smoked very sparingly because I know I won't be able to have them again once they're gone, thanks for the review!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, philipl said:

There's other recent reviews of similarly aged HUPCs that are more positive than mine, so it's possible I grabbed a less than stellar example (this was my first out of the box).

The Upmann PC has a lot more full body when about a year of box age. As with many cigars they mellow and become more "rounded". Anyway, you got a great box regardless, it came out of my humidor cabinet. Aged with love and care!!😁Cheers, John

I’ve only smoked a couple HUPCs (all graciously gifted by fellow FOHers) and I would say cookie, floral and nutty are spot on. They’re excellent smokes for sure. Wish HSA didn’t discontinue, or I would have bought several boxes to stash away and enjoy. Wish i could find these 😔

3 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:

I’ve only smoked a couple HUPCs (all graciously gifted by fellow FOHers) and I would say cookie, floral and nutty are spot on. They’re excellent smokes for sure. Wish HSA didn’t discontinue, or I would have bought several boxes to stash away and enjoy. Wish i could find these 😔

They are a good stick and HSA really f'ed up by axing them. Likely to use the tobacco in some of the newer large ring over priced Upmann releases. I traded one of my boxes to the OP for a box of Sancho beli's. They do mellow a bit in body over time, but the Upmann marca is not known to be a fuller bodied blend. They are generally considered mild-medium.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/9/2021 at 4:00 PM, saltbox said:

way more cigars than I can smoke, so aging will happen regardless, but I have a feeling I might enjoy the vibrancy of younger cigars more than well-aged cigars in the long ru

These questions of vintage and preference and best practice are keeping me up at night! I hate not knowing what I like yet. Glad you mostly enjoyed. I've got some as well and I can't wait to try one. 

• Confused 1

On 11/25/2022 at 12:21 PM, Lamboinee said:

These questions of vintage and preference and best practice are keeping me up at night! I hate not knowing what I like yet. Glad you mostly enjoyed. I've got some as well and I can't wait to try one. 

I've actually had more from the box since this one that I enjoyed much more that this one! I too am an over-analyzer, but having gotten a lot more smoking under my belt since, age doesn't really matter as much as I thought it would to be honest. With a few exceptions, the flavors of aged vs. recent regular production aren't that different to my palate, at least.

Aged Por Larranaga, Punch, Ramon Allones, Saint Luis Rey seem to pick up new nuances. SLR is a weird one to compare because modern Regios allegedly have a new/different blend.

Jury still out on Cohiba, El Rey del Mundo, Quai d'Orsay as I haven't tried aged samples yet.

All the other marcas I've had aged vs. new and would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Once they've had some rest for humidity to settle they all smoke well.

• Thanks 1

Upmann LUB 14's produced some remarkable cigars across various vitolas. The 2's were out of this world. 

Upmann PC's have a legion of fans but they are not for all tastes. Glad to hear that you have enjoyed better examples :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Upmann LUB 14's produced some remarkable cigars across various vitolas. The 2's were out of this world. 

Upmann PC's have a legion of fans but they are not for all tastes. Glad to hear that you have enjoyed better examples :thumbsup:

I still have more than a half a box of #2's LUB14 and for sure they are great cigars. Even better was the box price I paid for them $199usd. Boy, those days are long gone. 

• Like 1