New toy for experimentation

RicoIsHere

I ordered a "blemished" wineador in hopes of using it for my CCs. Since it has a TEC not a compressor the Rh shouldn't fluctuate as much. The unit is made for wine so temp range is 44°-64°. It has 4 fans so circulation should be OK. I'll have the Cigar Oasis Exel 3.0 for humidification. 

The first mod I plan is change the TEC for a more robust one with a range of 60~74.  Cedar shelving is not that important. 

Other than that, any other tips or considerations?

Screenshot_20191117-091253_Samsung Internet.jpg

You may want to consider 2 way humidification like a Boveda or beads. The oasis will passively give off moisture even when it isn’t on which may result in over-saturating your unit.

These are much better at retaining moisture than a humidor. This all depends on your ambient humidity outside the humidor and how often you open the door as well. If you have dry air outside and open the unit a lot, the oasis may not be a problem. 

Passive humidification works slowly so you will have ups and downs depending on how often you cool. The only way to counteract that would be active humidification while it cools. But then you need a way to take the extra moisture out later. Anyway... just my two sense unless you are going to really get into the deep end on management. @PigFish is your man for that stuff.