New cabinet issues

Hani

Is this a new unit?  Maybe you should give it a thorough cleaning before putting any cigars inside. Also, how is it cooled?  If it uses any refrigerant, perhaps there's a slow leak?  I'd take out all the stock in the meantime just in case the unit is at fault.

How new? Have your cigars been in it long enough to have been affected? Where were the cigars before? And what does your hygrometer read? Has your hygrometer been calibrated? Does it match where you set your avallo at? 

It has been sometime since I trolled this forum section...

Here goes.

Don't trust the instruments sent with the unit. What do your senses tell you? How do your cigars feel? If they taste bad such as you describe, I would proffer they are too wet.

In order to diagnose such problems start with the easiest to diagnose. If you would like, post a few pics of the unit as it sits with your cigars inside. Take a few of the unit without cigars...

Start tracking your ambient conditions outside the humidor. There is no way to tell what your unit is doing unless one gets an idea about how hard it is working. If it is really hot, your humidor may not be able to handle the delta t.

Cheers, and good luck with your project. -the Pig

It has been sometime since I trolled this forum section...
Here goes.
Don't trust the instruments sent with the unit. What do your senses tell you? How do your cigars feel? If they taste bad such as you describe, I would proffer they are too wet.
In order to diagnose such problems start with the easiest to diagnose. If you would like, post a few pics of the unit as it sits with your cigars inside. Take a few of the unit without cigars...
Start tracking your ambient conditions outside the humidor. There is no way to tell what your unit is doing unless one gets an idea about how hard it is working. If it is really hot, your humidor may not be able to handle the delta t.
Cheers, and good luck with your project. -the Pig

Hi my room temperature never been an issue as i keep my house at 70 F, but humidity was around 60 at least in the house. when I received the unit i let it run at 70 F and 65 RH. The humidity was 67 inside the humidor so the devise havent ran even now when RH in the room is around 40 stilll havent ran so obviously cigars are too wet for the temperature Then i filled it with boxes that i had been storing in coolers @65 F and 65 RH. Should i bring temp down to 65, how long does it take to have my cigars smoking good after making setting changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi my room temperature never been an issue as i keep my house at 70 F, but humidity was around 60 at least in the house. when I received the unit i let it run at 70 F and 65 RH. The humidity was 67 inside the humidor so the devise havent ran even now when RH in the room is around 40 stilll havent ran so obviously cigars are too wet for the temperature Then i filled it with boxes that i had been storing in coolers @65 F and 65 RH. Should i bring temp down to 65, how long does it take to have my cigars smoking good after making setting changes.

IMG_2874.jpg