Unwelcome Anniversaries and Moving Forward

I lost my dad in 1992.  I celebrate his birthday, but not his "deathday".  I remember vividly the day he died, and I just can't re-live that day every year in any kind of a special way.  It creeps into my mind every now and then, and I just push it away and think of things we did together.  Keep thinking of all the good times you had.  Celebrate his life.

• Like 2

I get it. I lost my Dad June 21, 2017 and think of him every day but celebrate him on the other holidays and don’t dwell on the day he passed, I nearly missed it this year but we all have  to grieve our own way.

• Like 1

Cheers, I'm drinking Ardbeg On Oa as I type. I lost my dad a few years ago in a similar situation, where the inevitable eventually became a good thing for him, and I am amazed how all my memories of him have strengthened in intensity. Like you said, you still hear his words, and its nice how the memory of someone really is its own relationship that changes and has ups and downs and grows the older we get. Cheers to your dad and all the other good men who have come before us. 

• Like 1