Greetings from Washington D.C.


RicoIsHere
 Share

Recommended Posts

Greetings all, and hapopy 4th of July. I'm glad i joined this forum and appreciate all of the "Do's and Dont's"! I look forward to contributing, sharing and learning. 

If any of you are in DC/Maryland area, enjoy a great stogie paired with great bourbon or scotch (hell anything over 94 proof) let it be known! I frequent Quartermasters cigars, Drapers, Shelly's Back Room, Civil Lounge and more. I've been enjoying cigars for about 15 years, and believe they are a mood, an environment, a culture, not a habit. My favorite habanos are Montecristo No. 2, Partagas Lusitanias, H. Upmann Magnum 52 and 46 and Bolivar Belicosos Finos. non Cubans include LFD, Padron, Arturo Fuentes, and Tatuajes.

Go Army, Beat Navy. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Redskins Fan? When hair starts growing on my head again!!

I retired from the Army in 2009, now I get to come home to my family every day. 

31 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

welcome. always nice to see a potential redskins fan?

where are you based in DC? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, RicoIsHere said:

Redskins Fan? When hair starts growing on my head again!!

I retired from the Army in 2009, now I get to come home to my family every day. 

 

lived in vacation lane arlington, many years ago in a past life. absolutely loved DC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

lived in vacation lane arlington, many years ago in a past life. absolutely loved DC. 

Arlington is a great city. If you want a great selection of restaurants you'll always find something good, something new or interesting there. Where are you now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RicoIsHere said:

Arlington is a great city. If you want a great selection of restaurants you'll always find something good, something new or interesting there. Where are you now?

back in brisbane. worked over there for a year or so way back (i arrived the day before bush senior's election - a mate got me to both the democratic and republican party parties - assume that won't offend the rules of politics). worked for a law firm. 

to me, your comments about restaurants (i'm obviously way out of date) reflected the entire city at the time. amazing selection. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

back in brisbane. worked over there for a year or so way back (i arrived the day before bush senior's election - a mate got me to both the democratic and republican party parties - assume that won't offend the rules of politics). worked for a law firm. 

to me, your comments about restaurants (i'm obviously way out of date) reflected the entire city at the time. amazing selection. 

DC has many restaurants, but there's too much 'FUSION". It's hard as hell to find a restaurant that doesn't have a 7 line description for every entree. I cook a great deal, and do enjoy mixing things up, but some dishes are better left untouched. Arlington has many very good, traditional restaurants for many palates.

Crap, now I'm hungry again.  And I'm also buzzed on this Blood Oath. Where's my wife? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, RicoIsHere said:

 

I retired from the Army in 2009, now I get to come home to my family every day. 

 

 

Good to see your joined!  MOS?  I was a 19K for a short stint out of high school to get the GI Bill.  Ever stationed in Germany?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

 

Good to see your joined!  MOS?  I was a 19K for a short stint out of high school to get the GI Bill.  Ever stationed in Germany?

91Bravo; I never had the opportunity to be stationed in Germany. Korea, and South America.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

I was stuck in Fort Knox for my stint.  Was an army brat though, so I got to spend 9 yr in Germany and 2 in Korea.  

This is a great site- lot of interesting people from all over posting on here. 

Knox was a dry county years ago. I wonder if it still is. It's hard to imagine living there in enbourbon capitol of the world and driving miles for a drink. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most partying was done in Louisville, but they had a great class 6 store on post. Shame it’s no longer home of the armor school. Wonder if they moved the museum - they had Patton’s pearl handled Colts a bunch of his other memorabilia. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 combat arms posts were always a lot of fun. Times have changed, barely any events at the enlisted/NCo clubs. I was at Stewart in 87. Glad my wife had not met me then....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On July 5, 2019 at 2:11 AM, Ken Gargett said:

lived in vacation lane arlington, many years ago in a past life. absolutely loved DC. 

Ken I read your Michter's article on Quill & Pad. It is true Michter's is excellent! I have all of their bourbons except the 25yo. I have a cigar/whiskey tasting in October at Maryland Live casino.  If you happen to be in in the USA ?, specifically Maryland, itll be worth it. CIGARS AND WHISKEY PROVIDED

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2019 at 4:32 AM, RicoIsHere said:

Ken I read your Michter's article on Quill & Pad. It is true Michter's is excellent! I have all of their bourbons except the 25yo. I have a cigar/whiskey tasting in October at Maryland Live casino.  If you happen to be in in the USA ?, specifically Maryland, itll be worth it. CIGARS AND WHISKEY PROVIDED

would love to be there but with luck, i'm off fishing in october. 

many thanks.

love to try that 25. must be a bit special. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2019 at 9:17 AM, pgwdaddy said:

Greetings from Upper Marlboro


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greetings, and welcome to FOH. Seems like we have enough to have a Mid-Atlantic FOH reunion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.