Ken strikes again.......Quill & Pad

5 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Ken is making a name for himself in the world of cigar writing. :D

I am proud of the fact that we gave this young whipper snapper of the cigar literary world a hand up to get started. 

While it was only yesterday that he didn't know his Prominente from his Petit Corona (actually it was last week).......he is now among the echelons of the cigar writing greats. 

Where next?  Cigar Aficionado?.....Catholic weekly?

Stay tuned :cigar:

Quill & Pad

Partagás Serie D No. 4 Cuban Cigars: A High-Ranking Favorite
by Ken Gargett

For those looking for the rare, thrilling, exciting one-offs and perhaps wildly expensive cigars, I am afraid that this time we must disappoint. Partagás Serie D No. 4, which tends to be known simply as the D4, is a cigar that almost all serious cigar lovers will have enjoyed – the obvious exception being our brethren who are not permitted to sample Cuba’s finest thanks to their governments’ draconian embargos.

And before we descend into politics, both sides of the fence have long enforced it. The rest of us keep our fingers crossed that it will not be long before all cigar aficionados get the chance to share this and many more great cigars from Cuba.

Continue

very kind. 

there is also a piece on the Cohiba Maduros on that site. 

i would love to write for catholic weekly. i could turn it into catholic annually or even the catholic decade within two issues! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

i would love to write for catholic weekly. i could turn it into catholic annually or even the catholic decade within two issues! 

If I was handing out assignments in the afterlife.........Catholic weekly staff writer would be right up there for you :D

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

If I was handing out assignments in the afterlife.........Catholic weekly staff writer would be right up there for you :D

sadly where i am likely to end up, i suspect the publications might be of a different nature. 

• Haha 1

Well written @Ken Gargett :clap:

I was browsing the site that published this piece, and noticed some interesting pens. Out of curiosity, I googled a pen that caught my eye, and saw that it could be had at the infinitesimal price of $65,700.00. Sure, I can get the silver version at $6,000, but why bother with the dregs of precious metals? I'm not completely surprised by this conspicuous consumption, but Gee Wiz, is the pen world really this big? My penmanship is atrocious, so it is clearly not a worth while pursuit for me. Anyone have $500+ pens here? I have a $500 keyboard at home, but a pen just boggles me. Do we even use pens anymore? I'm not judging or trying to be critical, just curious. 

3 hours ago, BoliDan said:

I'm not completely surprised by this conspicuous consumption, but Gee Wiz, is the pen world really this big? 

.......oh you have no idea :D

Huge. 

I have mates with 1/4 million $ collections.....and they are small fry. 

4 hours ago, db13 said:

With their wealth, they probably use it as a write off.

God I hope so!

I have yet to see a government spend money wisely enough that would make you want to give them more. :wink2: