Hoyo San Juan in a smaller format?

To me the SJ is unique in the Hoyo lineup. It's got a sweetness and less wood and cream than almost any other Hoyo. It's really the only Hoyo I smoke.

I really don't think the Epis are comparable. Neither is the Rio Seco which is much woodier to me than the SJ.

I would try the Depute or the Gourmet only because I haven't tried either in a long time and maybe they're similar but just due to ring gauge I doubt they'll have the same character as the SJ. 

• Like 1

Sadly, I haven't found anything that tastes similar. I sometimes also wish they had a shorter version for when I have less than an hour of time.

I've just been buying more San Juan instead ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

To me the SJ is unique in the Hoyo lineup. It's got a sweetness and less wood and cream than almost any other Hoyo. It's really the only Hoyo I smoke.

I really don't think the Epis are comparable. Neither is the Rio Seco which is much woodier to me than the SJ.

I would try the Depute or the Gourmet only because I haven't tried either in a long time and maybe they're similar but just due to ring gauge I doubt they'll have the same character as the SJ. 

I believe the Le Hoyo series use a different blend than the other regular production Hoyos, so that's probably why.  I am in the same boat, I like the San Juan over all the others.

Thanks for the comments.  Yes, the San Juan is quite different from anything else I've experienced among Cuban cigars.  I really like the Epicure 1, but I don't find it particularly creamy.  It is however quite complex.  The Epicure Especial certainly has a creamy character, but it also has a fair bit of wood and spice. The SJ was completely mellow with no harsh or sharp flavors. 

Is the du Depute anywhere in the ballpark?