Cigars that start out slow

Trying to think of the best way to phrase it, but I was giving a Punch Punch a try tonight and for maybe the first 30 minutes wondered to myself "why the hell am I still smoking this?" Just a really boring start. Partly because my wife was watching some blend of 24hr news networks and real estate shows where the couple is moving to Hawaii and can't understand why they can't find an 11 bedroom home, suspended over the ocean by 400 weather balloons for under $150k, I decided to battle through it. Boy am I glad. Halfway point hit, and the cigar just took off. Pleasure City.

How often have you found yourself with a slow starter, only to see your patience rewarded? Any brands you've seen where that's it's M.O.?

This damn hobby. I keep wanting to find universal truths, but more often than not, it seems the only one I can settle on is "in cigars, there are no universal truths."

Boli Libertadores come to mind. Starts off well under medium and finishes well over medium.

RAS can also be a bit of a slow starter.

Had a recent Monte Edmundo that transitioned from under medium to medium + at the halfway mark.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2019 at 1:50 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

Boli Libertadores come to mind. Starts off well under medium and finishes well over medium.

RAS can also be a bit of a slow starter.

Had a recent Monte Edmundo that transitioned from under medium to medium + at the halfway mark.

Agree with the Libertadore, also find some of the churchill size sticks start out a lot milder than you think then after the first 3rd it starts to kick in.