thieving banks - westpac!

yes, i know that 'thieving banks' is tautology and we all have banking horror stories (as a former banking lawyer, i can tell you more than you could imagine from both sides), but today i am seriously pissed by westpac. thieves!

made two payments last thursday from an anz account - to two different credit cards. c/wealth and westpac. anz deemed the payments effective on the friday and the C/wealth credited the money that same day. westpac? still sitting on it (tuesday). three times i have chased them.

first time, ignored. 

second time, told it was the weekend. apparently they expect us to believe that modern technology won't work over a weekend. i have asked why their technology is so inferior to that of other banks but they have declined to answer. then it was the fault of the original bank. as the other payment went through the same day, this is utterly dishonest. i have also pointed this out. but, wait for it, they told me there would be an internal complaint made. i asked when i could expect a response. oh no, i would not be getting a response. so you mean you'll do nothing. well, we would not like to promise something we might not be able to do. so, an entity such as a very large multi-national bank can't manage to provide a long term customer with the response to a legitimate complaint? 

tried again today. same platitudes. 

so i put in a complaint to the AFCA. won't get anywhere but at least the satisfaction that i will cause some bank tosser extra paperwork. 

avoid westpac at all costs. they are a disgrace. 

• Like 3

They all are mate I have often wondered WHY in this digital age it still takes 3 days for payments to go through when the money is there in THEIR own Bank ? 

tossers one and all 

spray finished ???

6 hours ago, OZCUBAN said:

They all are mate I have often wondered WHY in this digital age it still takes 3 days for payments to go through when the money is there in THEIR own Bank ? 

tossers one and all 

spray finished ???

Because they get to make money on your money for 3 days, free.

Mine as well put Wells Fargo on your list of thieving banks. First it was opening accounts and lines of credit in people's names without their knowledge, even if you didn't bank with them. Now today I heard they have to pay out like 250 million for insurance scam on auto loans for people who financed through them.

• Thanks 1

after three attempts to follow this up as noted, and getting nothing but platitudes and lies, as soon as i mentioned i had contacted our AFCA to complain about them (which pisses them about), i got the response detailing how hard they were working in this and despite there being changes in account numbers they were doing their best and they had personally attended to "pushing this through". 

and yet, a day later, there is still no money in the account. that is now almost a week. i will be adding another complaint to the AFCA. just to piss them about even more. 

2 hours ago, BarryVT said:

Mine as well put Wells Fargo on your list of thieving banks. First it was opening accounts and lines of credit in people's names without their knowledge, even if you didn't bank with them. Now today I heard they have to pay out like 250 million for insurance scam on auto loans for people who financed through them.

Wells Fargo (along with Bank of America and CHASE): Deutchsbag banks of the world. And I can't help reminiscing about how Bernie Madoff is serving 150 (that's right- one hundred and fifty) years in prison because he stole rich people's money.  The Wall Street Bankers are throwing in our faces their luxuriating themselves at spas, etc. after the Collapse - because they stole everybody else's (regular and poor people's) money. :angry:

• Like 1