Freezing Tubos

There is a lot of great info here about whether you should freeze or not, but once you decide to freeze your cigars I haven't found much addressing concerns around freezing tubos. 

I recently purchased a few orders of tubos for golfing / other events where I want to just toss the tube instead of bringing home an empty travel case. As it seems like a pain to remove them all prior to freezing, I am wondering if anyone has had a negative experience or knows of a reason freezing tubos in a doubled Ziploc bag would be an issue?

Thanks for your help!

I don't see an issue. Except maybe after you freeze them, the wrapper will be super delicate and rubbing against the cedar sleeve inside. So I would rehumidify them before removing any from the tubo. Why are we freezing at all? Is freezing common practice by the good folks on this forum? I've never had a beetle with stock that was exported off the island first, and I tend to keep stuff around 73F. I'd be afraid freezing harm for a preventive benefit that isn't too much to worry about. I guess I can be convinced otherwise though.

14 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

I don't see an issue. Except maybe after you freeze them, the wrapper will be super delicate and rubbing against the cedar sleeve inside. So I would rehumidify them before removing any from the tubo. Why are we freezing at all? Is freezing common practice by the good folks on this forum? I've never had a beetle with stock that was exported off the island first, and I tend to keep stuff around 73F. I'd be afraid freezing harm for a preventive benefit that isn't too much to worry about. I guess I can be convinced otherwise though.

I decided to freeze everything since I can't control the temp in my apt very easily and it can get hot even in the winter with these damn radiators. The link below has some good reasons why people do or do not freeze everything. I appear to be in the minority freezing non-island purchases, but most here seem to recommend freezing purchases from the island. 

A Christmas Story tongue/pole type situation is what I am most worried about with freezing in a tube. 

Personally I'd take them out of the tubos, it's only a few minutes. I don't know how being sealed in them would effect it, it would probably just take a bit longer, certainly longer than it would take to remove them from the tubes in the first place. It gives you a chance to check for mould too.

Never frozen tubos, but only thing I can think of is maybe the moisture in tube crystalizing, and turning back to liquid when thawed. Maybe causing mold down the road.  No expert by any means, but seems plausible.

46 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Personally I'd take them out of the tubos, it's only a few minutes. I don't know how being sealed in them would effect it, it would probably just take a bit longer, certainly longer than it would take to remove them from the tubes in the first place. It gives you a chance to check for mould too.

This is exactly what I have done in the past.